So...what are you running?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ceronomus, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Ceronomus

Ceronomus Level 0 Character

Since we all love an idea of what is getting submitted? What are you running?

I'm planning on running a reprise of Last Year's adventure
    Mountain Monsters: The Sentinel Hill Screamer

and following that up with a new adventure

Mountain Monsters: The Fishman of Chimney Corners Pond

What is everyone else submitting?

[​IMG]

2. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

Two AD&D games: the mid-level Ghost of Mistmoor and the low-level Pandora's Apprentice. Mistmoor is about solving a mystery...Pandora's Apprentice is sort of D&D meets Home Alone with a dash of Moe, Larry,and Curley. (And Shemp, if I get enough players.)

Also running two Squad Leader games: Streets of Stalingrad and the Ardennes.

3. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I've already submitted Paranoia: Bug in the System and AD&D 1st Ed. Tomb of Horrors (women only). I'm working on two Numenera adventures I plan to submit later this week or early next week: The Wailing Sore and Locks of the World.

Update: Here are the events as they appear in the system.

DGS Presents: Paranoia – Bugs in the System
    March 3 @ 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
    Once again The Computer calls upon you to stand up to the Commie Mutant Traitors, and dare we say, Shoot the Troubles they cause! Odd computer issues, obviously caused by Commie Mutant Traitors are plaguing Alpha Complex. Your Friend, The Computer, needs YOU to brave the deep recesses of the CPU core, root out the problems, and execute them with EXTREME PREJUDICE! Can The Computer count on you, Friend? Participation is Mandatory!

DGS Presents: Tomb of Horrors (Women Only!)
    March 4 @ 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
    For generations, the crypt of the demi-lich Acerak has been the source of gamers stories the world over. Now, experience it for yourself the way it was meant to be, with AD&D! Can you face down the tricks and traps of the tomb and live to tell the tale? Or will you join the ranks of the legions of adventurers who have fallen victim to the Tomb of Horrors?
    This session is for the women of Gary Con, only, please.

The Wailing Sore
    March 5 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
    A billion years in the future, a village in the Ninth World prospers, content in their little corner, ignoring the oddities and dangers of the world. Farmers grow their crops and tend to their livestock, children play in the meadows, and families work and live together. One day that all changes as a strange growth erupts around the spring that serves the village. With their water supply now endangered, the villagers turn to the explorers and adventures in their midst. The ones seeking to unlock the mysteries of the Numenera may be their only hope.

Locks of the World
    March 5 @ 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
    Workers at a dig site near the city of Qi have disappeared. Citizens have been reporting inexplicable disturbances. Is some bit of malevolent Numenera responsible, or worse? Did the explorers unearth an ancient, forgotten evil? The Council of Spheres turns to you to find answers and determine what awaits at the Locks of the World.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  4. jonsnod

jonsnod Level 0 Character

I submitted two games; Deadlands & Marvel Super Heroes (TSR FASERIP rules). I might submit a 3rd event (I had to turn folks away from Marvel last year; might run a second adventure of that).

Goin' ta California (Deadlands, Thurs 2-6)
    Dr Hans Helbrecht has come up with a new airship design and asked you to join him for the maiden voyage along the Pacific coast. But between environmental hazards and rival inventors, this will be no pleasure cruise!

Deadlands beginners and vets are welcome; the system is easy to learn. Characters will be provided.

New York, '77 (Marvel Super Heroes, Fri 2-6)

In the concrete jungle of New York, only the baddest heroes last. With gangs on the verge of all out war and super villains running amok, can you keep the peace?

You'll control classic 70s characters this Marvel Super Heroes scenario set in 1977 New York. No experience (or comic knowledge) necessary; the rules will be taught.

5. glamcrist

glamcrist Footpad

I submitted 2 instances of each of 2 D&D 3.5 modules. Both are high level: Heroes for Hire, where a king hires you to hunt down bandits(yes, I know that seems way too easy for level 18 characters, that's the whole point); and the sequel Doomsday Preppers, where you have 1 week to figure out how to save the kingdom from an unspecified doom(thus the title)!

6. achiriaco

achiriaco Level 0 Character

I will be running an old Single adventure from Dungeon #25. AD&D

7. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

As one of my favorite conventions is growing, & returning to some of my "old haunts", what better time to bring back a Garycon fan favorite. Of course, I 'am talking about "Von Deekin's Wings of War". While this has not been submitted as an official event it soon will be. Look for this event to be ran during an early time slot, (8:00am-10:00am), Thursday through Saturday. This event will support up to 12 players each session.

To add even more excitement to the Garycon experience I will also be submitting a brand new miniature event: Von Deekin's Star Wars: Armada. This event will be ran in a four hour time slot, (probably 12:00pm-4:00pm), Thursday through Saturday, and support up to 12 players each session.

Game rules will be taught before each event/session, so newbies are most welcome, as well as the more experienced players. Ages 14+.

Be ready to fly the "unfriendly skies", once again. (Can you say, "Darth Deekin"?)

muhahaha...........!

8. gmbarry

gmbarry Footpad

Here is what I have submitted so far, I am writing one game and may do another 1 or 2 or 4

AD&D- So you think you have an Attitude!
    AD&D- AAAAHHHH
    AD&D- The Quest for the Gate Between Worlds
    TOON- Daytoona Beach Party Bingo Blast
    TOON- PizzaToon / A Toon Love Story

9. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Beer and Pretzel Games. Rotation of Nuclear War / Nuclear Escalation, Exploding Kittens, and Pig Mania.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  10. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Plan to run two games of Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea.

11. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

I'm planning on running at least 4 Circus Maximus events with a probable 5th. Three qualifying heats for the Saturday night final, and then either my Wreckus Maximus track or Moebius strip track or both.

However, I'm gonna wait a bit to submit them. The event submission seems seems a bit buggy still.

12. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Two Adventures in the East Mark scenarios.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  13. I still can't get Event Submission to work!

Plans are for "Battle on the Ice" CHAINMAIL historical, and "More Magic Users with Knives" OD&D. Pretty much like every year.

OttawaTom likes this.
  14. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Thanks for making me feel better with a 1 of 3. You are the best!!

15. Blackthicket

Blackthicket Level 0 Character

The FITS Society will be hosting several Dawn Patrol games. Worried about getting into a game? Plenty of room for players, new and old. Interested in history? It's WWI baby! Can't get into a game with a VIP? Mr. Carr may be one of your wingmen! (Or get into his Don't Give Up The Ship game!) Don't know how to play? You will get all the help you need! Fly a mission with a buddy... and shoot him down!

Show the old school games a little love...

16. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

Oooh, that sounds good. Probably been 20 years since I played Dawn Patrol. I wonder...do I still have my copy of it?

17. kvezner

kvezner Level 0 Character

Like an armored vehicle rolling up out of an underground bunker, the Morrow Project is back baby! I'm running a two-part adventure for The Morrow Project again. It's the same two-parter I ran last year as The Morrow Project Tournament.

I'm also running two survival-horror adventures for my 18th century RPG, Dark Frontiers. Keep your powder dry and your hanger handy, that ain't a dog scratching at the cabin door.

18. Khasimir

Khasimir Footpad

Keep, I'm looking forward to WoW again. I had a great time playing it at V a few years back.

JarlAxe, I'm going to be running an SL game as well. Let's talk and coordinate so we aren't overlapping.

Also, I'm going to be running two 1st ed games:
    Black Orc Down
    Orc Ten from Navarone

the keeper likes this.
  19. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

what sl game are you running and when?

20. Scott308

Scott308 Chevalier

Khasimir- I played in your Black Orc Down game two years ago and had a blast. I'm looking forward to Orc Ten from Navarone!