Event Submission Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skip, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Skip

Skip Administrator Staff Member

Greetings fellow Gary Con GMs!

As of the time of this post, the staff has reviewed and accepted all events.

If you have any unresolved issues with your events, please post here with your event's title and a brief description of the problem and Dave or I will get it resolved for you.

Current known issues include:

* Event duration reverting to two hours, especially on Sunday.
    * Event start times one hour off (or more).
    * Duplicate events.

During the review process, we have tried to resolve most of these, but we might have guessed wrong or overlooked something. For your own peace of mind, please feel free to review your events.

Formal acceptance emails for all events are on the way soon.

2. tacojohn4547

tacojohn4547 Level 0 Character

Event title: Gary Gygax's Necropolis

Issue: I've submitted the event as starting at 6:00 PM on Friday (March 4) and running for six hours, to 12:00 midnight. When I flip over to the "view" event screen, the event detail shows the event as starting at 12:00 AM on Saturday (March 5) and running for six hours, to 6:00 AM.

Event title: The Invasion of Italy

Issue: I've submitted this event as starting at 6:00 PM on Saturday (March 5) and running for six hours, to 12 midnight. When I flip over to the "view" event screen, the event detail shows the event as starting at 12:00 AM on Sunday (March 6) and running for six hours, to 6:00 AM.

3. tacojohn4547

tacojohn4547 Level 0 Character

Event title: Axis & Allies Pacific

Issue: I submitted the event as starting at 10:00 AM on Sunday (March 6) and running for two hours. I'd like to be able to have this be a four (4) or six (6) hour game since the con will be open thru the middle of the afternoon on Sunday.

Second Issue: I submitted the event as starting at 10:00 AM on Sunday (March 6) and running for two hours. When I flip over to the "view" event screen, the event detail shows the event as starting at 4:00 PM on Sunday, running for four hours, to 8:00 PM.

4. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

I submitted an event for 10 am Sunday and it only let me choose 2 hours. I would like it to be 6 hours.

I would have liked to have a noon start time but that wasn't available so I was going to try have it start at 10am and make notes in the event description as to my attempt to work around the event system. :)

tacojohn4547 likes this.
  5. glamcrist

glamcrist Footpad

Event titles: Heroes for Hire(on 3/4)
    Doomsday Preppers(both instances)

Issue: no system showing. Should be D&D 3.5

6. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

All 3 submissions still have issues.

I tried to correct them and found the following:
    - 2 of the 3 have game systems that are not saved when trying to edit
    - All 3 are pulled up correct when trying to edit
    - All 3 are pulled up incorrectly when trying to view

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  7. DMPrata

DMPrata Level 0 Character

Event Title: "The Pit": One Adventure, Three Systems (3/3)
    Issue: Should be 3/3 from 12:00–6:00 for AD&D. Using the View link, event time incorrectly shows 1:00–7:00, and system incorrectly shows AS&SH. Using the Edit link, system is correctly AD&D, but start time is incorrectly 8:00 am.

Event Title: "The Pit": One Adventure, Three Systems (3/4)
    Issue: Should be 3/4 from 12:00–6:00 for AS&SH. Using the View link, event time incorrectly shows 1:00–7:00; system is correctly AS&SH. Using the Edit link, system is blank, and start time is incorrectly 8:00 am.

Event Title: "The Pit": One Adventure, Three Systems (3/5)
    Issue: Should be 3/5 from 12:00–6:00 for Call of Cthulhu. Using the View link, event time incorrectly shows 1:00–7:00, and system incorrectly shows AS&SH. Using the Edit link, system is blank, and start time is incorrectly 8:00 am.

8. conantdave

conantdave Administrator Staff Member

DMPrata, I've made the adjustments to the time for each of the events. I'm now showing noon-6pm for each event on it's given day. Also, I changed the rule used to reflect your intention (AD&D on 3/3, AS&SH on 3/4, and Call of Cthulhu 5th Ed. on 3/5). One question regarding the AD&D event (just because it's different from the other two), is that one supposed to be for 13+ age group rather than 18+ as the others are?

9. conantdave

Glamcrist, all have been changed to reflect the rules AD&D 3rd Edition.

10. conantdave

Gizmomathboy, I'd be happy to increase your event up to 6 hours. Please tell me the name of it. BTW, the reason you're not allowed to start at noon on Sunday is because of the time we need to be out of the convention hall on Sunday. We do not want event running that late. Thanx.

11. glamcrist

glamcrist Footpad

Thanks!
    I just realized, the time slots on my events are a little wonky. The time-frame under the title is exactly 6 hours behind the (correct) time slot in the details section. This is the case for both instances of Heroes for Hire, as well as both instances of Doomsday Preppers.

12. conantdave

I have 8-noon on the 3/3 and 3/4 for Heroes for Hire immediately followed by Doomsday Preppers from noon-4 on each day. If that's not what you're wanting let me know...otherwise, it's just the system - hopefully it will reflect the correct time in the near future.

13. conantdave

Tacojohn4547, we've got you down for a 4-hour event running from 10am-2pm on Sunday (3/6). BTW, if runs a little long that won't be a problem from our perspective since we won't be booking the table after you. That will be between you and the players...as long as you're done by 3 or 3:30. Thanx.

14. conantdave

On these events, I've got Gary Gygax's Necropolis (system has the title as "Gary Gygax's The Necropolis") as 6pm-midnight on 3/4. The Invasion of Italy is also set for 6-midnight, but on 3/5.

15. glamcrist

glamcrist Footpad

yep, that's what I want! I figured that it was a glitch, it was just a little wierd.

16. Skip

Double checked both of these events and the database is correct for 6pm to midnight start/run times. Webmaster is working on the display issue.

17. Skip

As I reported in the other thread, we've also reset the game system to D&D 3.5 Webmaster is working on the display issue.

18. Skip

As mentioned in the other thread, we've corrected this in the database.

19. Skip

The database was showing a 10 am to 2 pm start/run time. Have changed it to 10 am to 4 pm. The site might not show this correctly and a fix for that issue is in the works.

20. Skip

Post the event titles and we'll check the database. Note that if the information is correct in the edit screen, it's likely correct in the database. There are display issues.