Event submission

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Venger Satanis, Sep 8, 2015.

1. fmillard

fmillard Level 0 Character

Event Submissions seems to be working flawlessly now! Thank you!

2. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

I assumed they met inches on the 30 or 60 and feet on the 8. Picturing it like huckster tables.

3. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Not working for me!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  4. glamcrist

glamcrist Footpad

Not quite... I still have only one of my events showing a system.

5. Skip

Skip Administrator Staff Member

Hello one and all!
    In the next few hours, the staff will have reviewed all events we have so far. Alas, we were counting on some functionality from our web software that's just not not working, so we have yet to send out any confirmations. We hope to have this resolved very soon. In short, if you submitted an event before 10 am Central Time, today December 4th and you have not had an email from the staff with a question or concern, you can assume your event (or events) are accepted.

We will get formal acceptance emails out as soon as we can.

6. Skip

Which events aren't showing? If I can get titles I can search the database for them.

7. Skip

Absolutely correct!

8. Skip

I've been changing duration issues on a case by case basis. There seem to be plenty of two-hour durations that ought not to be there. If your event still looks too short have Noon, Central time today, 12/4 post your event title here and I'll go in an fix it.

9. Skip

If you want at least five feet of width you'll want the 8 x 60; that's 8 feet long and 60 inches (5 feet) wide.

10. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

I've submitted 4 events. I had to edit them because I hadn't allowed javascript for the site in my browser.

The only "glitches" I see are the starting times for the events showing 7am instead of 8am. The other "glitch" being no slots for events at noon on Sunday.

There were events starting at 2pm and going for 4 hours on Sunday last year.

I would prefer to do my 5th event on Sunday at noon instead of some other day.

11. tacojohn4547

tacojohn4547 Level 0 Character

I also noticed the limitation of there being no time slots of longer than two hours on Sunday, and that there were no slots with start times after 10:00 AM.

Also, on at least two of my four event submissions, when viewing the events from "My Account", the event start and end times don't match what I've submitted under the submission input screen.

12. Skip

There seems to be an ongoing issue with event start and end times.
    I have been fixing those as I review events.
    I'm going to open a new thread where GMs can post event issues. If you have a problem, post there and Dave or I will address the issue.

13. glamcrist

glamcrist Footpad

ok, my Heroes for Hire from 8-12 on 3/4, and both instances of Doomsday Preppers 12-4 on 3/3 and 3/4 show no system. they should all be D&D 3/3.5.

14. glamcrist

glamcrist Footpad

ok, after that post I saw the other thread, info is also on Event Submission Issues thread.

15. Skip

Okay, edited four events so that their database entries all include D&D 3.5 as the rules entry.
    The site still might have issues displaying properly. Our webmaster is working on those.

16. fmillard

Below are the events I've submitted for GaryCon ... It looks perfect ... When I click on the "View" button below each one, however, the times are wrong on each one in the description, the first one says the event starts at 8pm and goes until midnight instead of 2pm to 6pm as below and the other four are all off by an hour (again, in the description under "view") ... Should I be concerned?
    Thanks, Frank

Screen Shot 2015-12-06 at 7.23.05 PM.png

17. Skip

Thanks to a "feature" in the software we're using, times can be correct in the database, and incorrect when the event displays. If you try to edit the event and the time shows correctly there, the event is correct. Our webmaster is working on the issue.

In any case, I've double checked your times and they're all entered correctly.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    mark likes this.
  18. fmillard

Thank you, kind Sir!

19. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

That is a REALLY weird problem...

20. Skip

It it is indeed a weird problem.