So...what are you running?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ceronomus, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Thomas Tullis

Thomas Tullis Level 0 Character

I will be running 6 sessions of Jim Ward's new game World War Tesla.

'Come play in the first public playtest of James M. Ward’s new alternate-history miniature wargame World War Tesla. This is an alternate timeline World War in the early 20th century, where Nikola Tesla’s more radical inventions have changed the course of history and World War I. Biplanes are armed with electrical death rays, and floating tanks rule the battlefield. Please note, this is an early beta test for the rules and not the final version, and game will be run by Fat Dragon Games staff.'

Times submitted so far:

03/03, 4:00pm 03/03, 6:00pm

03/03, 8:00pm 03/03, 10:00pm

03/03, 10:00pm 03/04, 12:00am

03/04, 10:00am 03/04, 12:00pm

03/05, 12:00pm 03/05, 2:00pm

03/05, 2:00pm 03/05, 4:00pm

WWT NEW 3 small.jpg

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    Reidzilla likes this.
  2. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

I'm planning to run a couple sessions of Small World, a great board game I picked up this fall. I'll also be running some RPGs, but I'm not sure what yet and whether I'll run them as registered events or in open gaming.

3. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

!
    Has he deliberately been keeping this under wraps?
    I haven't heard a word about it until now.

4. gmbarry

gmbarry Footpad

5. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Aside from my spy game events, not sure if I want to run Gangbusters, Marvel Superheroes, Star Frontiers, 1st edition AD&D, or maybe even some Amber Roleplay.

6. Thomas Tullis

Thomas Tullis Level 0 Character

We (as in Fat Dragon Games. the publisher) have been keeping it under wraps until now. :)

7. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Oh one other game that has been kept under wraps which I know I'll be running a couple sessions of is the new game by Merle Rasmussen and Allen Hammack (not yet out for sale). It's an espionage game, whose actual name has yet to be officially decided upon, so for now we simply refer to it by it's codename, Acrid Herald. I'll be running two sessions of Codename: Acrid Herald, James Carpio will also be running two sessions and I believe Merle and Allen will be running a few sessions as well.

[​IMG]
    "In the murky world of espionage, nothing is ever what it seems. As part of an elite intelligence unit, you are tasked to wage a war in the shadows versus an elusive enemy. The stakes are high and failure is not an option. Welcome to the New World Order."

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  8. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

I'm bringing a friend with me this year. He's thinking hard about running some Gangbusters if there is interest.

9. Khasimir

Khasimir Footpad

Whew, finally submitted my games:

Thursday - Black Orc Down (5e)
    Friday - Tegel Manor (1e)
    Saturday - The Orcs of Navarone (1e)
    Sunday - Squad Leader: Stalingrad

10. Rex

Rex Footpad

Tossed in 20 hours of Villains and Vigilantes, D6xD6, Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea and Monster Hunter International the RPG ... Got more I could schedule but I can't make up my mind so I'll just drag a box of games over to open gaming and see who wants to play what and when.

11. Eusabyus

Eusabyus Level 0 Character

I have two games up. Necromancer's Bane is a sequel to The Curse of Harken Hall, run last year. That will be on Friday. The second game is a The Fenworthy Inheritance...borrowed heavily from Goblinoid Games GORE system, a Lovecraftian styled tale set in 1920s UK. That one will be a 6 hour game on Sunday.

12. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

IT'S OFFICIAL!! These events have been approved & will be ran in the above listed time slots.

13. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

OK, thought I'd posted this, but haven't. I am running...

Thursday: Street fighting in Stalingrad (Squad Leader), 4-6.
    Friday: Pandora's Apprentice (AD&D), noon-2.
    Saturday: The Road to Wiltz (Squad Leader), 10-2.
    Saturday: The Ghost of Mistmoor (AD&D), 2-6.
    Sunday: Pandora's Apprentice, 10-noon.

14. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Whew! Finally got all my events submitted and it's going to be a busy convention for me, between running stuff for the DGS and the new TSR.

Also, if anyone is interested in runnng out-of-print games and game editions under the DGS banner, leave one of us (Colin Higgins, Michael Browne, or me a message with your intent and event details).:)

Codename: ACRID HERALD
    March 5, 2016 @ 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
    GM: Chad Parish
    [​IMG]
    In the murky world of espionage, nothing is ever what it seems. As part of an elite intelligence unit, you are tasked to wage a war in the shadows versus an elusive enemy. The stakes are high and failure is not an option. Welcome to the New World Order

DGS Presents: “All That Jazz!”
    March 4, 2016 @ 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
    [​IMG]
    The Dead Games Society proudly presents, ‘All That Jazz!’, featuring the classic TSR game, Gangbusters in a 3-hour format.
    When Charles ‘Lucky’ Luciano throws a party you can bet it’s gonna be a wild time. And he’s invited the heads of New York’s infamous Five Families — that’s you guys. But will the spread include hot lead?”

DGS Presents: “Strange Magik”
    March 3, 2016 @ 8:00 pm - March 4, 2016 @ 12:00 am
    [​IMG]
    The DGS presents: Strange Magik …”When the fragile boundaries separating our world from the weird dimensions of sorcery are rent, can even Earth’s sorcerer supreme save the multiverse from collapsing? Featuring, Doctor Strange, Magik, Shaman, Iron Fist, and The Enchantriss in a mind-bending adventure of heroic proportions!” Note this adventure is scheduled to last 3 to 4 hours.

Podcast Panel 2016!
    March 3, 2016 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
    [​IMG]
    Ever thought about running your own podcast on gaming and such? You’re in luck because at Gary Con VIII, several great podcasters from your favorite shows are converging to do a Podcast Panel! Join the hosts of Game School, Gaming and BS, Save or Die, Cube of Death, Drink Spin Run, and the Dead Games Society Podcast as they go through what it takes to deliver a great show.

DGS Presents: “The Tower of Glass”
    March 3, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
    [​IMG]
    A mysterious tower of impenetrable glass has appeared just outside the fabled city of Greyhawk. Who created it and what is it’s purpose? You and your companions have been charged too find the answers these questions. Welcome to the Tower of Glass!

Scott308 likes this.
  15. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

I finally submitted my events this evening. I'm going to run sessions of the board game Small World on Thursday and Sunday mornings. I'm running my original C&C event from last year (To Silence a Dwarf) again on Friday morning. I'm running a new C&C adventure (The Exterminators) on Saturday morning. Finally, I volunteered to run a round of the C&C tournament on Thursday afternoon.

Here are the event descriptions for the non-tournament events:

Small World

Kick Gary Con off (or wrap Gary Con up) with Small World, a fun, zany, light-hearted civilization game in which 2-5 players vie for conquest and control of a board that is simply too small to accommodate them all. Picking the right combination of fantasy races and unique special powers, players must rush to expand their empires – often at the expense of weaker neighbors. Yet they must also know when to push their own over-extended civilization into decline to ride a new one to victory.

Rules will be taught.

C&C: To Silence a Dwarf

50 years ago, the druid Thurk left your dwarf clan’s mountain hall to become caretaker of the Redforest near the village of Ember. The Redforest and Ember thrived under his stewardship. But last night the legendary dwarven hero Dwur appeared to you in a dream with a message from the Great Dwarven God. Thurk has strayed. He cavorts with lycanthropes and the Redforest is turning to darkness. Far graver, Thurk is teaching the secret dwarven language and words of power to a human. The Great Dwarven God requires your service. Thurk must be silenced.

A C&C adventure for 5-6 dwarves and maybe a half-orc. Pregens will be provided. Experienced and new players welcome.

C&C: The Exterminators

Mayor Thistle was very excited to expand the wine cellar in his summer mansion. Nothing pleases a halfling more than a well-stocked hole. The renovations were going splendidly until workers arrived one morning and discovered a 3 foot diameter tunnel had appeared leading down from the back of the cellar. One of the workers went down the tunnel to see where it led, but all that returned were his screams and a flash of hot air.

Harsh times call for harsh measures. Mayor Thistle has hired your party of murder hobos to find out just what is going on beneath his cellar and put a stop to it. The renovations must go on!

A C&C adventure for level 4 PCs. Pregens will be provided. Experienced and new players welcome.

16. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Here are my four events for GaryCon:

#1, #2: Tom Moldvay's CH-1 The Morandir Company
    Dates: Thursday afternoon 2pm, Saturday afternoon 2pm
    Duration: 4 hours
    Required Skill Level: Regular Play of Specific Game
    Number of Players: 7
    Event Description: Play Tom Moldvay's long-lost adventure module, CH-1
    The Morandir Company, the unpublished prequel to CH-2 Seren Ironhand
    (published by Moldvay's Challenges International in 1986), and CH-3
    The Mountain King (also the unpublished). Twelve centuries ago,
    Morandir was home to the Alder Mountain dwarves. The mines of
    Morandir were famous for their rich ores and gemstones, and from the
    depths of Morandir the dwarves crafted works of surpassing beauty.
    The Alder dwarves dug deeper and grew richer as the centuries passed,
    until one day a terrible earthquake shook the roots of the mountains.
    The quake diverted the Seren River, and flooded much of Morandir,
    scattering the surviving dwarves as refugees throughout the Known
    World. The Seren River still flows from a cave in the face of Alder
    Mountain, but no dwarves call it home today. No one alive has beheld
    the glorious treasures cached within the mountain... until now.
    Explore Tom Moldvay's unpublished treasure: bring your graph paper,
    dice, and a healthy dose of paranoid courage! Royal charter and
    3rd-5th level pregen PCs will be provided.

#3: grodog's Castle Greyhawk - The Heretical Temple of Wee Jas
    Date: Friday evening
    Time: 6:00pm
    Duration: 6 hours
    Required Skill Level: Expert
    Event Description: The Heretical Temple of Wee Jas has gone too
    far---it's excommunicated High Priestess must be brought to justice,
    and her heretical followers put to the sword! Descend into the depths
    of Castle Greyhawk's seventh level, to wield the divine wrath of the
    Suloise goddess of death and magic upon the iconoclast blasphemers!
    Explore grodog's version of Castle Greyhawk: bring your graph paper,
    dice, and a healthy dose of paranoid courage! 7th-10th level pregen
    PCs will be provided.

#4: grodog's Castle Greyhawk - Enchanted Orchards of the Arimoi
    Date: Saturday evening
    Time: 8:00pm
    Duration: 5 hours
    Required Skill Level: Expert
    Event Description: Playtest grodog's next Castle Greyhawk dungeon
    level, GC-02 Enchanted Orchards of the Arimoi. Enchanted Orchards of
    the Arimoi is an extra-planar sub-level accessible from GC-01 Iounic
    Caverns (run at GaryCon IV in 2012) . Also Greek-themed, this
    wilderness environ details a mountainous coastline where the magical
    orchards of the Arimoi grow. The Arimoi are a race of ophidian oracles
    ruled by their beatific and oracular queen, Echidna. Seek their dark
    wisdom; steal their magical elixirs, ambrosias, and nectars; or loot
    their temple lairs! Explore grodog's version of Castle Greyhawk:
    bring your graph paper, dice, and a healthy dose of paranoid courage!
    7th-10th level pregen PCs will be provided.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  17. Eddie

Eddie Level 0 Character

This will be my second Gary Con, and I really look forward to it. Last year was my first. I submitted 5 events this year, 4 of which have been approved so far. They are all 2nd Edition AD&D events, with high level pre-gen's. The accepted events are "A Predator in the Hills" followed by "The Maze Under the Goat Herders' Trail" on Thursday, "Where Eagles Dare" on Saturday, and "Tomb of the Dragon" on Sunday. These adventures are all brand new, with "Where Eagles Dare" being the next installment in the series I began last year at the convention. "Slavers of the Sunless Sea" was the last installment before this one, and that is my fifth submission this year. I scheduled it for Friday.

These adventures take place in the World of Greyhawk. The first two are set in the Abbor-Alz. "Slavers" takes place in UnderOerth, and "Where Eagles Dare" sets adventure in the sky, in a cloud castle. The "Tomb of the Dragon" takes place in the Scarlet Brotherhood lands, on the Tilvanot Peninsula.

No experience is necessary for these adventures, though in a couple cases I recommend it for players who are skilled with 2nd Edition or AD&D in general. It will really be a little of a hybrid between 1st and 2nd Edition, with mainly the core rules from 2nd Edition only and not the later expansion books sometimes called 2.5. These may thinking adventures, dungeon crawls, hack n' slash, a lot of things. You never know exactly what to expect from my adventures, except I'm told they're hard.

18. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Cool, it's always good to see more GH events scheduled at GaryCon! :D

Allan.

19. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Event title: The Strange Tale of Crystal Point
    System: Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea (AS&SH)
    Times: Thurs 12PM-4PM, Fri 8PM-fall asleep, Sat 12PM-4PM
    Description: In the far reaches of Hyperborea’s Crab Archipelago, lies a small, but mountainous island known as Crystal Point. Passing sailors have recently seen a crimson glow in Crystal Point’s waters, beams of reddish-brown light shining up from its steep cliffs and unusually frequent lightning storms. One Esquimaux fisherman even claims to have seen ghostly figures haunting the island’s shores. Ariston Thalassa, an Atlantean sage in Khromarium, Hyperborea’s largest city, has heard these strange tales and approached your party with a promising explanation. He believes Crystal Point may hold the ruins of a lost Atlantean colony – and its secrets! Eager for adventure and treasure, you agreed to explore the island and, after a long journey, have finally set foot on its rocky beach. An adventure for 4-6 player characters of levels 7-9.

20. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I updated my original post (#3 on this thread) with detailed information about each of my events.