Event Registration Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by osarious, Jan 21, 2016.

1. osarious

osarious Chevalier

What happened to the "buddy accounts"? How will registration work for those people I purchased badges for (I did not set up separate accounts for them). The web site seemed to indicate I didn't have to. I see the gold and silver available for my Gold badge (7 gold, 39 silver) and a box for the other badges (4 gold, 35 Silver). Is the 4 gold, 35 silver for each badge? How does the system distinguish? I would like to know prior to Saturday to get the badge transfers done if necessary.

2. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Y'all are lucky...I see no such thing!

3. Tink333

Tink333 Footpad

Your best bet is to post on the Gary Con Gaming Convention Facebook page, osarious, as they have made it clear they don't monitor communications anywhere else.

4. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Bryon as I understand this new system, all your badges will be on your account. You will buy the events you want for you and your family at once. You should be able to load your cart with all the events earlier (like Saturday morning) and hit check out when registration goes live.

Hope that helps clarify.

5. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Thanks, Luke. My family intends on volunteering this year, so see you then!

PBurke and Melf like this.
  6. Melf

This is a pending social media post that addresses this concern:

There have been many questions from folks who have purchased multiple badges. While we are doing our best to be consistent with the way things have worked in Gary Cons past, we are working with a totally new back end platform this year. This is a brief explanation of how it will work, and our team is happy to answer any further questions.

Accounts who have purchased multiple badges will have the SP and GP value for each badge deposited into their account balance as a single sum total for each currency type. For instance if you purchased 1 Gold Badge for yourself and two Silver Badges for your children on a single account, your account would have a balance of 95 SP and 8 GP.

Accounts with multiple badges may spend their SP and GP as they like. There is no limitation on the number of tickets that an account may purchase for an individual event or time slot up to the maximum number of tickets available for that event. This allows for badge holders on the same account to attend the same event together, or different events occurring simultaneously.

Please note that this also means that the careless solo adventurer may inadvertently double-book their time, so please be mindful of what you sign up for. In the future there will be additional system features to help prevent this, but for now beware!

In case you do double-book your time, you may request a cancellation/refund for an event by emailing [email protected]and its original value will return to your account balance for you to use on another available choice. Once pre-registration closes, however, you will be unable to make any more changes to your selections. Since refunding events is not an automated process yet, it may take some time to process your cancellation and refund and we can't guarantee that your next choice will still be available by the time it is processed, so be very careful when signing up!

When you arrive at Gary Con your registration packet will include paper tickets for all the events you pre-registered for. Event tickets are generic and not associated with any account or specific badge holder within an account, thus are transferable during the Con.

PBurke likes this.
  7. Melf

Look forward to seeing all of you guys again. And thanks for the volunteer help. Its critical for the convention!

PBurke likes this.
  8. athornton

athornton Footpad

The event website would be a much better place for official communications than Facebook. I don't even have a Facebook account, and I'm sure that I am not the only person at Gary Con who doesn't.

Tink333 likes this.
  9. Handy Haversack

Handy Haversack Chevalier

I was about to say the same thing. Luke, thanks for the info above--it's really useful. Please, please use the main website and forums for official communication, though. Thanks!

Tink333 likes this.
  10. athornton

athornton Footpad

Also: I've got three gold badges. I have 14 gold and 3 silver. Apparently Gold Badges receive 4 Gold and 35 Silver pieces.

So, if 12 gold and 105 silver == 14 gold and 3 silver, then...102 silver is 2 gold? So each gold is 51 silver? I mean, I like VIP events, but, uh, are they going to be freely interconvertible, or.... ? 'Cause I don't want to play just VIP events, nor do the other two people I'm having to buy for.

Also, can there be multiple purchase sessions open at once for an account without screwing things up? I would like to just let the two other people I bought badges for log in (as me is fine) and manage their own registration.

And, you know, I'd post this on Facebook, but I don't have a Facebook account. I'll see if I can find someone who will post it for me.

11. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

Historically, gold and silver pieces at Gary Con have never been interchangeable. You use GPs to get into GP events and SPs to get into SP events. The two have never mixed in any way.

Jarlaxle likes this.
  12. Khasimir

Khasimir Footpad

Which means that he's got a wee bit of a problem to get solved by Saturday morning.

Jarlaxle likes this.
  13. Melf

This is clearly a shortfall. We need to recruit a couple guys to help run the forums, pass on information and help solve problems that pop up. Thanks all for bearing with us. The staff is working hard and trying to do the right things to keep Gary Con a great experience for all.

Khasimir likes this.
  14. Melf

Yes, that is an error created by the melding of sub accounts into one account with multiple badge GPs and SPs rolled up together. Thomas is aware and we will have to develop a work around to get you the appropriate amount of GP and SP. Thanks for raising the problem up to our attention.

Khasimir likes this.
  15. ekimus

ekimus Footpad

What time will Event Registration go 'live' on Saturday, Jan. 23rd? Also, is there any way to view the event list like previous years in a list format or PDF? Its a lot easier to make choices than what I am seeing.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  16. Tink333

Tink333 Footpad

I'm logged in under my account and looking at the Event Registration / Event Listing page http://garycon.com/games/

Is there NO way to search by Game ID Number in order to add events to our carts? In the past, we were able to search by Game ID in order to add events to our carts. In addition, GM Names in some cases are still not correct, so if people search by GM Name, they also may not find their games.

17. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure what you mean by Game ID Number.

Can you point me to which GM names are not correct? Thanks.

18. Tink333

Tink333 Footpad

Thomas is aware that all Hans Cummings's games show Maria Cummings as the GM, and it has been discussed on all three areas--both Facebook pages to let people know how to find his games, and here in the forums.

Hans has also discussed this via PM with Thomas and understood it was on the list to be fixed.

Look at the event csv file. It is Labeled ID. it is the database Unique Key for each event. It has been available as a search field so players can easily put events in their carts.

19. Tink333

Tink333 Footpad

And, as of seven or eight minutes ago, the GM name issue has been fixed. Still waiting to find out regarding the ID

20. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

Hi, that's me, I'm Thomas. Kisses to you Maria, you're lovely, don't let anyone tell you different. :)

The Event ID in the database is probably not going to be searchable. It's not something I intentionally exposed, and the CSV functionality wasn't really publicized as it's not really even complete yet (I'm working on adding event costs to it this evening). The reason I don't want to add it to the search is that it'll exponentially add cost to the CPU on a search field that's already costly. I'm worried that adding complexity is just going to mess things up. That being said, I'll continue to strive to add more features like that.

Traxion likes this.