Event Submission Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skip, Dec 4, 2015.

1. brendar

brendar Staff Member Staff Member

Please note that event values and other details may change up until registration as we tweak the system. For the most part, this will only affect a small number of events and you can feel confident planning based on what is in the event guide.

That being said, we DO appreciate this feedback because 1) there ARE occasional technical or administrative issues that need to be brought to our attention and 2) our approach to pricing is very complicated and we appreciate user feedback if you think something isn't right.

PBurke likes this.
  2. Skip

Skip Administrator Staff Member

3. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Thank you Skip.

Jeff Talanian game on Thursday night is 1GP and 4SP, on Friday night is 4SP, and on Saturday night 1GP.

That is what seemed a little off to me.

4. Skip

We're madly collecting feedback and acting on it as quickly as we can.
    As Brendar pointed out, things are going to remain fluid for quite a while yet.

5. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Thank you too all of those helping making this GaryCon be the best!

6. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Why is it that there is a cost for panels?

7. Skip

Because they have limited seating.
    If you see a panel with a cost of more than a silver or two let us know, as that is likely an error.

8. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

So why not a zero cost and still have registration for it, if you're concerned about the mass exodus from the game tables? I just feel panels shouldn't cost a badge holder.

Scott308 likes this.
  9. Skip

The con staff does not agree. We feel that if you're taking a seat from another gamer, there ought to be a cost.

Also:

If past experience is any guide, there are plenty of seats in events left over after everyone is done spending. If you don't care to spend coin on an event, you still might get a seat, you'll just have to take your chances.

So, by all means, do not spend any coin on seminars if you're opposed to the idea. It might work out for you. Ticket holders will be seated before non ticket holders, however.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  10. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Hey, we'll just have to disagree. I understand the operation of the tickets and coinage, I just think it isn't necessary to charge for them.

11. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

I saw this somewhere else but I can't find it. In some cases attempting to add something to the cart is not being allowed as there is low stock for the item in question. For example, I tried to add a seminar, and it's giving me "Out of/Low Stock! Lowered Shopping Cart Quantity of for XXXXXXX"

Was there a resolution for this?

12. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

The event in question was Kask Rocket seminar. The issue with this event was resolved.

13. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Well..not to be recalcitrant about it...but it was not that event. It was the Goodman Games seminar.

14. brendar

brendar Staff Member Staff Member

@mwisconsin will be much better suited to answer this, but he's 100% on getting the site prepared for registration. The message your seeing is meant as shopping cart feedback for trying to check out of an event where your desired purchase quantity exceeds available tickets. This is a feature that was first being tested tonight, so you probably saw some of that in real time. Just testing. If it continues to be a problem during live registration, we'll be here to help.

15. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

I should have said the event I was having an issue with. I would not have any idea about the event you are having an issue about.