Some Gary Con VIII stats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gizmomathboy, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

I guess it's possible people returned a ticket for each session, the new CSV file was released reflecting the tickets being available, and then new people registered for the tickets after the CSV file was uploaded.

2. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

Looks like 7144 had a refunded order status set for a guy who'd accidentally ordered a second badge. I modified the order status back to completed, and now those 4 tickets are properly matching the sold out status.

7131 had a cancelled order associated with it. While the CSV was accurate, the site was not, and I've now made sure that the event is showing 1 ticket available after that cancellation

3. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

Damn. You guys are fast! Thanks for the fix.

Poindexter and mwisconsin like this.
  4. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

another day another data dump. A little big this time because some people need to have their dates split into dates and times ;-)

Attached Files:

5. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

and this morning's scrape is invalidated by the above post I just read... :)

6. mwisconsin

I can manage small things like this while I'm at work. Larger things and the people walking behind my cube start to doubt my work ethic.

PBurke and Poindexter like this.
  7. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

The names show up correctly. But I notice the number of remaining tickets seem to be off on a number of events. Off by 1 consistently on several sold out events.

8. mwisconsin

I may be counting cancelled tickets -- do you have one as an example, where I can look into it further?

9. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Events to start with some are off by as much as 5 tickets

10. mwisconsin

Excellent, thank you. I'll take a look at these.

11. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

Probably penultimate data dump.

Attached Files:

12. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

you know I can't count. Saturday morning's scrape will be the penultimate dump. This, just another in a long line of them.

Attached Files:

13. tacojohn4547

tacojohn4547 Level 0 Character

Hey Joe, you wouldn't happen to have an event data file from any of the most recent previous Gary Cons, would you? Say, 2013, 2014 or 2015? I was doing a little analysis and thought it might be informative to have the last couple of years' data if it were available. If not, oh well! Thanks!

14. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

I only have the events file from last year (I only started coming in 2014 and I only seem to have the events I registered for).

My 2015 file is below.

Attached Files:

15. tacojohn4547

tacojohn4547 Level 0 Character

Thanks Joe! I'll dl that 2015 file and give it a look!

16. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

FWIW, here's a spreadsheet of what I believe is the event list from 2011.

Yeah...check that thing out...there's about 150 events total.

Attached Files:

17. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

This brings back memories; thank you.