GM Roster and Player Schedule

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mwisconsin, Feb 24, 2016.

1. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

Two new features for you today, on the website. You Forum folks get to play with these, first, before I go announcing them to the social and email people.

1. Log into Garycon.com.
    2. Go to your My Account page
    3. Scroll down below your Billing and Shipping Address
    4. If you're registered for events, you should see a link labeled My Game Schedule. This is a PDF reproduction of what you'll find in your envelope when you arrive at the convention.
    5. If you're running any events, you'll see a link labeled My GM Rosters. This is a PDF reproduction of what you'll find in your envelope when you arrive at the convention. Notes:
      1. Please don't use this as a license to stalk people. Particularly if I'm one of those people. I'm adorable, but I will take you out.
      2. Certain events have not been included here: Special Events, Seminars, or events that had no "maximum players" value listed (i.e. open events).

Let me know if you experience any technical difficulties retrieving these PDFs. I'll be announcing these features in other venues later this evening.

chainsaw and stahlnee like this.
  2. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Thanks!

mwisconsin likes this.
  3. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Two items.
    - Duplicate tickets are not showing up on Game Schedule and it crops after 1 page
    - Roster crops after 1 page (duplicate tickets do show up)

Very cool enhancement.

4. mwisconsin

When you say "duplicate tickets", I'm not following.

The GM Roster actually prints one event per page.

The Player schedule: I saw that it wasn't auto-page-breaking. Fixed that just now.

PBurke likes this.
  5. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

I right clicked and opened another window. When I just left click it works fine.

Example,
    Jim Smith purchased 4 tickets for an event.

Jim Smiths Game List will list that event one time and no indication of 4 tickets.

The GM Roster will list Jim Smiths name four times indicating 4 tickets.

Example 2,
    Jim Smith purchased 1 ticket for an event.

What does Jim Smith give to someone to use his ticket if Jim decides to play something else?

6. mwisconsin

Never asked folks to right click on anything. It opens a new window all on its own.

There are no tickets. This is just a handy dandy little list of events for which you've registered, so you know when they're taking place and where. It's not a ticket for entry. Your GM has a Roster, and that's the definitive rule for how you're allowed at the table.

7. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

So if I am swapping tickets with someone do we both need to show up to both games at the same time?

8. mwisconsin

Old Gary Con rules apply: If you show up for an event that has a green card for available slots, you can sit down with no questions asked. If you wait around for no shows (10m), you can get right in. Old salts from GC have this experience, and we talk about it on the website as well for new people.

9. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

No tickets then?

10. mwisconsin

I'm not working the desk -- just the website, but that's what I'm given to understand. Skip is preparing a mailer for GMs to completely explain the process.

11. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Ok. Understand.

12. mwisconsin

If someone is listed just once, what other listing of their name are you concerned about? Sorry -- I'm confused easily.

13. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

So. All my games were showing sold out as of the day of regular closing, yet Some of my games are not showing to be full. Have there been dropouts since pre-reg closed or did this happen before registration closed and no new gamers saw that these games were still open?

14. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Typo. In the events I am running some individuals are listed multiple times. Typically just twice.

If I sync up name to list, then the second ticket they think they have they may not have.

15. mwisconsin

I'd say I've personally managed about 5 people's all-out cancellations since registration closed (2 GMs, 3 Players). I can't speak for the other folks helping out customer service requests. So, it's possible you had one or two folks who really liked you, registered for a lot of your events, and then realized they couldn't pay the rent in March if they attended Gary Con (yep, it happens). So, now you're down a player in some of your games.

16. mwisconsin

Those are legitimate people purchasing more than one ticket to your event. They were allowed to specify a quantity of tickets for each event, so folks that are buying for families or groups specified multiples.

17. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Got it. Cool!

mwisconsin likes this.
  18. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Yeah, thanks. Answers exactly what I needed.

mwisconsin likes this.
  19. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

I have one event where one dude has 4 tickets...I admit, I was a bit confused.

20. Traxion

Traxion Footpad

I get a message about invalid format when the pdf is opening on my Android phone.