To Gary Con Staff & Volunteers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JediSoth, Mar 8, 2016.

1. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I, for one, don't have a problem with this event since it clearly states for whom it is intended and the con organizers placed it in one of the boardrooms. The only thing I would say, is to just be a bit more discrete & careful with which parts spill out into the hallways. That's a hard thing to police, though. Maybe a quick statement at the beginning to participants to be aware of what they're holding when they run out into the hallway?

Jarlaxle likes this.
  2. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

Chad usually plays Eddie though he was busy with his event at the time. As I said before, none of the event spilled into the halls though Kyla as Columbia used the restroom. I came to the event wearing my pajamas because with the exception of Kyla, who needs to see me running around in fishnets. BTW still waiting for all those photo's of the event to leaked to the interwebs as mentioned in an earlier post. Unless they do not exist and then I suppose the post should be edited to reflect reality.

Luckily I did not run my DGS After Dark - Little House on the Prairie Larp or perhaps I would have been banned permanently from GC instead of just 5 years (jk).

Michael

PBurke likes this.
  3. So, boobies are horrible but eviscerations are okay?

Ancalagon, mwisconsin and chrisj like this.
  4. Also, if a pretty young woman came up to me and had a "wardrobe malfunction" and somebody posted a picture on the Net, MY wife would say

"A pretty young woman walked up to you and flung all her clothes off? Of course she did, you sexy devil you!"

And my wife is an ordained Episcopal priest.

EDIT: Actually, I DID tell her about this, and her answer was "I'd say, 'those will probably heal if you leave the chainmail off long enough.' "

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  5. Oh, and D&D is ABSOLUTELY nothing about pretty young women in bikinis.

[​IMG]

Tell Luke this is unsuitable for GaryCon. Go ahead. I dare you.

Better yet, tell ELISE. But give me time to make popcorn first.

Poindexter, Ancalagon and mwisconsin like this.
  6. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

First: a mod has already said to stop beating a dead horse. And, as a matter of fact, I DID tell Luke.

Second: Are you a member of Gary Con's staff or a volunteer? If you're not, this post wasn't intend for you and I don't care about your opinion.

Third: Some reading comprehension would be nice. Gamers pride themselves on their intelligence, so I assumed plain English would be easy to understand. From my original post: "It feels inappropriate from a staff member."
    Perhaps my English is poor, so let me break it down: "INAPPROPRIATE," i.e. not suitable for the situation. "FROM A STAFF MEMBER," i.e. someone who is working at the con as an official representative of an organization to which I have paid a substantial amount of money.

Fourth: The picture is an example of false equivalency. It depicts a model being paid (or not, but that's a business arrangement of which I have no knowledge) to appear in an advertisement. My objection was to an staff member of the convention in a working environment.

Fifth: Using standards of the late-70s/early-80s to defend something in 2016? Most people like to think we've grown as a society since then.

So, I would kindly thank all of you to STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH and assigning meanings to my statements that I CLEARLY didn't say. If I had intended to say I was offended by scantily-clad women or breasts, I WOULD HAVE SAID THAT IN PLAIN ENGLISH.

For example:
    What you all think I said: "I am offended by scantily-clad women. Breasts offend me."
    What I actually said: [the costume] "feels inappropriate from a staff member."

See the difference?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    Poindexter and Tink333 like this.
  7. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

Dude...decaf.

Ancalagon likes this.
  8. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

On a more positive note, thanks to all of the organizers for putting together a great event that surpassed my expectations. I hope that I can return next year! Armed with all of the feedback from this year, I'm sure it will be even better. :)

PBurke likes this.
  9. Ancalagon

Ancalagon Level 0 Character

Heh. That's nicer than what I was thinking for a reply so I'll just give yours a +1. ;)

10. brendar

brendar Staff Member Staff Member

Easy folks. Don't make me start moderating!

Poindexter, stahlnee and Tink333 like this.
  11. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

Fine, I will start wearing a swimmers cup for my Ziggy Stardust costume.

sir jon and PBurke like this.