Game Master Credits

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sir jon, Mar 8, 2016.

1. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

If anyone didn't receive an email with their discount code for a GM Credit for registration (starting today), please let me know here in a personal message or via email.

2. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I so want to toy with this.

3. mwisconsin

You feel free to email me anything you want, man. I can't guarantee you'll get a GM-discount out of it.

4. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

How about an electrum badge?

5. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

Got mine, but can't make it. :(

Err...can I use it for Garycon X? :D

6. mwisconsin

Drop me a PM, Jarlaxle. I can give you some deets.

7. gmbarry

gmbarry Footpad

Since, i cannot get a Gold badge (my attendance next year was based on getting one) and use my GM Credit

What is the status with the GM refunds?

8. mwisconsin

GMB -- reach out to me directly, and we'll work something out. If you still wanted to attend, you could apply the credit toward a silver badge, but if that's not in the cards, please reach out.

9. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

Not going because you can't get a gold badge? Waitwhat?!

10. gmbarry

gmbarry Footpad

Jarlaxle, I would only be able to register for one game, I ran so many events that I can only use GP. Plus, the swag bag includes cups and the con shirt
    It is a large commitment for me with planning the games, printing, and the long drive out from Philly...

I really was not planning on going but my friend said he would drive out next year, of course, this is the same person who left me to drive alone this year because he decided to fly

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  11. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

I have read that three times...and it still makes no sense.

12. Scott308

Scott308 Chevalier

Gold doesn't seem to be a good fit for you. If you are only going to register for one game, you would not need the additional featured game slot, and the shirt and cup you can buy separately. Get the silver and go to Gary Con. I had fun playing in one of your Toon games and would recommend you as a GM. If you choose not to make the trip, Gary Con will be minus a number of good games and a very enthusiastic GM, and be the poorer for it. I understand the commitment and the expense required to make the trip, and if you feel it is not feasible to come out to Wisconsin for those reasons, nobody can fault you for that. I would hate to see having to "settle" for a silver badge instead of gold be the thing that pushes it beyond the tipping point.

Jarlaxle likes this.
  13. gmbarry

gmbarry Footpad

Scott308, thanks for the kind words, I do enjoy running games and had some great ideas for the next Garycon... I do not have a reliable person to share the ride and driving home was miserable after the con
    I know it is hard to understand, but the gold badge was the tipping point. I still did not get reimbursed as was offered.

It is all about the swag bag and the earlier registration, I was unable to get into the top 3 games on my list last year (I did get to play an NPC in one of them after begging the GM) and the last GP I selected later was tons of fun

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016