Event Submission Details

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LMetcalf, Sep 8, 2016.

1. LMetcalf

LMetcalf Level 0 Character

The page for detailed instructions regarding event Submission (Which will happen through Tabletop.events) is up.

http://garycon.com/how-to-submit-events/ will give everyone a look "under the hood" at what to ecpect when event Submission opens up on Sept 10.
    Hope this is helpful, so far Tabletop events has made the process much smoother.

2. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Thanks for posting these updates here. :)

3. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

I second that. Not everyone uses FB.

stahlnee and chainsaw like this.
  4. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Agreed. Would be super awesome if Gary Con could create a Gary Con IX News and Updates thread, sticky it to the top of GD and cross-post any news or updates from FB or elsewhere. People could watch the thread, get alerts and never miss anything.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  5. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Thanks for posting here. FB is not used by a lot of folks.

6. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Not regularly used
    and
    despised

7. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Can you post when Event Submission will be ready.

I just tried to use it and it would not let me submit an event without selecting some items where the pull down menus were blank.

Thank you.

8. jonsnod

jonsnod Level 0 Character

I just went through the process of submitting my events & I loved it. The interface is super easy to use and I love that it's easy to go back and edit submitted events.

Thank you to the GaryCon team for improving this process- very much looking forward to March :)

9. chgowiz

chgowiz Footpad

I hope that the games staying in "Pending review" doesn't mean they are rejected. How will we know?

10. jonsnod

jonsnod Level 0 Character

If I'm not mistaken, it took a few weeks in past years for events to be reviewed & posted.

11. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

A few weeks, cough cough. I recall a few months to be reviewed and posted last year. But then again I submitted my events kind of early in the submission cycle.

12. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Mine have already switched from Pending Review to Pending Scheduling (or some such language). The process seems pretty streamlined this year.

13. chgowiz

chgowiz Footpad

My wargames are now "In Review" ... crossing fingers!

14. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Anyone know if you can edit events after submitting them?

15. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I was able to.

16. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

According to the How To instructions:

"You also can use this page to submit additional events or to edit events you’ve submitted already. This page also allows you to clone events—very handy if you’re submitting several sessions of a single event."

Honestly, I'm not sure to what extent you can edit them and if there's a specific status that locks you out of further changes.

17. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Thanks for the replies, folks. I was asking because I didn't want to submit events if I would have trouble uploading an image later (as I'm not done painting my minis yet), but it looks like there is no image field this year, so I'll just utilize the external link for images and extra info. Let it be known that I really liked the image feature, though, and hope it will return next year.

18. Donegal

Donegal Level 0 Character

Can anyone tell me when the deadline for event submission is? I don't see it anywhere on the website.
    Thanks!

19. Faepooka

Faepooka Level 0 Character

Hello! I submitted my events on 9-14 and they have been sitting as Queued for Scheduling pretty much ever since. The instructions said they would be reviewed within 2 weeks and an email sent letting you know if your events were approved as is or more information was needed. I never got an email.
    All I want to know is if my events will be placed in the time slots I submitted them in. Since I have gotten no emails I am assuming this is correct, but you know what happens when you assume.

Anyone else get any type of emails letting them know their events were approved?