GaryCon Open Tournament 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sir jon, Oct 21, 2016.

1. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

The GaryCon Open is looking for a brave GM (or two) who would like to share their expertise, wisdom and judgement in running a round or two of the GC IX Tournament Adventure on Thursday, Friday and/or Saturday of the convention. If you feel you're up to the task of getting involved in this, a singularly old-school style of game play, hearkening back to the earliest TSR convention adventures, please get in touch with me. Leave a post here, send a Private Message through this lovely interactive site or just shout loudly from the street - however you feel you can get my attention best. I have been informed that there will be swag for those willing to share their obviously limited time, so take that for what it's worth. Hours put forth running the Open will also go towards any accrued for GM credit.

This is not for the faint of heart - the players putting their all into this are hard core gamers and as a competitive game, expect the best - even if you're hung over from one too many Malort swigs. Are you DM enough?

2. scottmaruna

scottmaruna Level 0 Character

Forgive my ignorance, but is this 1E AD&D, OD&D...other?

3. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Typically run as AD&D 1e, though the adventures are printed using a variety of systems - for next year, I'm unsure as to what the system will be, in print.

4. Scott M.

Scott M. Footpad

I'd likely be interested in running a session of the tournament. I've been DM'ing a 1E/2E biweekly game for years. Do you know what time slots it would run in? Might affect my other game submissions. Thanks.

(Sent you a message on FB. But I don't know if it got through with their Messenger app stuff these days.)

5. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Wish I could help, but I've got too much going on. Maybe next year.

6. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Scott, sent you a quickie FB message. But I guess I should put it here, too.

I am informed that the times for the tournament will remain the same as last year: Round One - Thursday at 10 am/Friday at 8 am; Round Two - Saturday at 10 am.

Subject to change.