What is Everyone Running at GaryCon IX this time around?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fmillard, Sep 25, 2016.

1. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

425 events submitted so far: 27 board games, 33 miniature events, 342 RPG events and 23 seminars/worships if I counted correctly.

Attached Files:

2. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

How are you downloading that list, dndgeek? I can't find a way to export from the TTE site. I'm also more than a little frustrated that TTE won't let you search by game system. The search features at TTE are very weak. It doesn't help that there are about a billion D&D Adventurers' League events on the schedule. (I've got no problem with DDAL events existing, it's just a pain scrolling through all of them to try to find events I'm actually interested in.)

3. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

I contacted JT about it. There is no public API for getting the events. He did say that the Gary Con could create CSV files from the admin side. I would assume that then it would have to be posted somewhere.

He did mention that the public API might be available early next year.

Also, dndgeek did say that he cut and pasted by hand from the web site. I did some attempts at web scraping and it's a bit of a pain, mostly the pagination. I'm shelving that idea for now and see how happens with the API.

4. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Yeah, nothing fancy.

5. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

You, sir, are a patient man.

6. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Only when it comes to gaming. Otherwise, I'm an impatient a-hole!

601 events submitted so far: 77 board games, 10 card games, 37 miniatures games, 453 RPGs & 24 seminars/workshop if I've counted correctly.

Attached Files:

7. Basement Leader

Basement Leader Level 0 Character

I am running four events:

Crypts-N-Creepies FRP "Pssst...Wanna Get Small" Friday at noon/4 hours/2-6 players
    Eon 1977 Cosmic Encounter Friday/7 PM
    Crypts-N-Creepies FRP "You Break It, You Bought It"/4 hours/2-6 players
    BLIND a completely new type of RPG SEE BELOW

Both Crypts-N-Creepies and BLIND are my creations. Details for both can be found at:
    http://crypts-n-creepies.blogspot.com/
    http://blindrpg.blogspot.com/

All of these are good, BLIND is the one.
    Cheers!

8. Scott M.

Scott M. Footpad

I had one of my three events (Baltron's Beacon) scheduled. It's a five hour event. I requested Thursday at 6:00pm and got Thursday at 8:00pm. I'm afraid I don't have the endurance to run a game until 1am and get up and run again at 8am the next day. Is there any reason it didn't receive the requested time? I submitted my events super early -- maybe the first few days of early submission. During the accidental scheduling a few weeks ago, I think this same event was assigned 6:00pm. Did things get resorted or did I lose priority somehow? If Thursday at 6:00 is full up and can't be made to work, who can I talk to about alternative times? Many thanks!

9. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Was there a priority based on when events were submitted?

10. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

I had such high hopes to run a solid 12 hours of games this year, but I am getting crushed at work and stressed out. I think I'm just going to play a lot this year instead. Maybe I'll run something in open gaming if the location is improved since last year and my work life calms down enough to actually have fun putting an event together.

11. Scott M.

Scott M. Footpad

You're right, Jim. I never actually heard anyone say that. I must have thought it because there was an "early" submission period for GM rewards.

12. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Send a message to Dave Conant. He's organized.

dndgeek likes this.
  13. jwagner

jwagner Level 0 Character

I am running 2 games:

Re-Amon's Tomb: An Egyptian-themed 1st Ed AD&D game for 7-9th characters. Saturday 4pm-midnight

Extermination Mission: Another 1st ED AD&D game for mid-level characters. Orcs are harassing the local village and the party tracks the orcs back to their lair to deal with them. What they find in the orc lair is not what they expected, but I don't want to give away the surprise. A very deadly adventure with a high fatality rate. Friday 6pm to midnight.

14. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Conan build pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]