Event Submission or Scheduling Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skip, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Skip

Skip Administrator Staff Member

Dave and I have worked through the events affected in the recent TTE cataclysm. As of 8:45 pm. Central time, today, December 13th all affected events have been restored to their pre cataclysm status.

If you have issues that have not been repaired, or other submission of scheduling issues, please post them here (and please direct anyone you see posting about such issues to this thread).

Also, event scheduling has begun (though the cataclysm was a setback). We hope to have everything locked in as soon as is practical, and, of course, we'll be done prior to pre registration opening.

2. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Are the event times final in the most recent e-mails? The confirmation e-mails I received overnight give me all 8AM start times (which certainly wasn't my first choice, but I'll be honest; I don't remember what I put down for my second choice), and one event was approved and scheduled twice (DGS Presents: Ghostbusters - A Haunting Lodge (Classic)).

3. Skip

Until I saw this post, I was inclined to ignore anything auto generated from Table Top events on 12/12. That was the night of the cataclysm.

However, I see two events:

Event #1 DGS Presents: Ghostbusters – A Haunting Lodge (Classic); Thursday 8 am 2 hours.

Event #2 DGS Presents: Ghostbusters – A Haunting Lodge (Modern); Friday 8 am 2 hours.

You have two others: # 3 DGS Presents: Imperial Entanglements and #13 Recruiting Call, #3 is not scheduled, #13 is. I'm not sure any of your events *should* be scheduled right now. Check those out via your TTE account and let me know about them as well.

I'll copy this whole post into an email to Dave and between the three of us we'll sort it out.

4. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

#13 Recruiting Call is schedule for Friday at 8AM, according to what I'm seeing, which is in conflict with #2. #3 Imperial Entanglements isn't scheduled yet. #13, Recruiting Call, appears to be scheduled for the right time. I don't have a problem with 8AM games (though, obviously, I can't run two at the same time), but if that's when they're going to be, I need to let Thomas Valley know, since I volunteered to run Adventurer's League games at 8AM on at least one of those days.

[​IMG]

5. rickwins

rickwins Level 0 Character

The link I got in my email does not have the start time on my events and it has the wrong end time. In the my submit events it lists them as queued for scheduling still with the correct time I want to run them.

Rick Winslow

6. Skip

I'll email you.

JediSoth likes this.
  7. Skip

None of your events (313, 314, 315) are scheduled.
    Ignore the scheduling emails -- they're errors.

8. FAguirre

FAguirre Level 0 Character

My event doesn't show a start date or time, but it shows an end time of 5:50 pm. I had asked to have it scheduled Friday morning early. Help?

Forrest Aguirre
    Event 181
    Hoops and Hoppers

9. Ancalagon

Ancalagon Level 0 Character

Should I have a new email after the 12-Dec "cataclysm" to inform of the status of my submitted events or is the scheduling still a work in progress?

upload_2016-12-17_23-38-30.png

Thank you.

10. tacojohn4547

tacojohn4547 Level 0 Character

I received a new batch of scheduling emails from TTE today. Are these legit notices of events being scheduled, or another round of erroneous notices?

Thanks in advance!

11. Skip

You would only have gotten a post-cataclysm email if your event had to be re approved.

The three "Things Best Forgotten" events (#s 349-351) are still queued for scheduling and look fine to me. The current preferred times are 10 am, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

12. Skip

Scheduling is underway, so they could be legitimate. Post or PM me the event titles or numbers and I'll check.

13. Skip

Event 181, Hoops and Hoppers, is queued for scheduling, with a preferred start time of Friday, 8:00 am. Not sure why an end time is showing at all. If I get a chance to ask the TTE folks, I shall.

14. Skip

That sounds exactly like how the event should look if it hasn't been scheduled yet. Not sure where those oddball end times are coming from. Dave and I will have to take special care to make sure the correct end times display when events are scheduled.

15. tacojohn4547

Event Title and Number from first Email received: "The Heist" - #383.

Event Title and Number from latest Email received: "Mall Maul Tourney #2" - #394.

Thanks Skip!

16. Skip

#383 is scheduled Saturday 4 pm to 8 pm
    #446 is scheduled Friday 4 pm to 8 pm

#394 is Saturday noon to 4 pm

17. tacojohn4547

Skip - thanks for the assist! I cross-checked all of the events for which I received scheduling notices last week. So far, everything looks fine for our events.

18. rickwins

rickwins Level 0 Character

Hi Skip

I was just asked to run 2 rounds of the Gary Con Open, Friday at 8AM and Saturday at 10AM. This means I will need to slide my Friday 10:00 game to 4:00. The schedule system is not allowing me to alter the start time currently. These will move my DM hours from 12 to 20, anything I need to do for this?

19. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

One option is to just cancel your event and resubmit it with the new time. I've done that a couple of times, to the delight of the scheduling folks I'm sure.

20. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Yes, you smile, say, "thank you for the opportunity Sir Jon", and back away slowly.

(I'll make sure one of the minions slides a gift under your door.)