Event Registration 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by datagoblin67, Dec 27, 2016.

1. datagoblin67

datagoblin67 Level 0 Character

When is it going on? Not on facebook, so not privvy to updates posted there.

2. Blackthicket

Blackthicket Level 0 Character

Via Luke Gygax Facebook post from January 2:

Diamond and Platinum badges on January 14, a Saturday
    Gold badges on January 18, a Wednesday
    All badges on January 21, a Saturday

A Wednesday.....yuck!

PBurke likes this.
  3. Handy Haversack

Handy Haversack Chevalier

Thanks for the update. And dear GaryCon folks: please use your official communication channels like this forum and the website rather than Facebook.

4. Handy Haversack

Apparently, one cannot upload Excel files. Here's a PDF of a scrape of the 1,000 events the site will let one view as a table. After that it gets confused. Sorry about the formatting. I'm working with some primitive tools. At any rate, pp. 1-54 show the events. The rest is the last column only, which is just the room location.

Anyone have any idea what the buying units associated with the badge levels will be this year?

Attached Files:

datagoblin67 and dndgeek like this.
  5. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

It is incredibly frustrating that the event listing doesn't specify the specific game/RPG for each entry. It's pretty easy to identify the Pathfinder Society and D&D Adventurers' Guild sessions, but the rest are a pain. We shouldn't have to click through to every single stinking event description to find out the system being used.

datagoblin67 and Rogue like this.
  6. Handy Haversack

Yes, though there's a but: You *can* filter for various search terms so that the displayed grid of events is somewhat curated. It's hardly ideal. And be sure to use quotation marks for anything that might show up in other results. So, for example, I used | "AS&SH" |, | Hyperborea |, | "AD&D" |, Marvel |, | "D.C. Heroes" |, | "Call of Cthulhu" |, and other searches. And then copied from the grid results into a spreadsheet that I could manipulated.

You can even click through into some of the system ID groups (e.g., systems, hosts, Featured Events) and filter within them. Just be careful not to X out your filter terms; just delete the text if you want to keep filtering within the same group.

Of course, the back end has trouble with slashes and ampersands. It's not like they show up in any game titles, though.

datagoblin67, dndgeek and PBurke like this.
  7. Handy Haversack

OK, I was bugging me. Adjusted the Excel file so the PDF wouldn't be so obnoxious.

Attached Files:

8. TempestLOB

TempestLOB Level 0 Character

The list on tabletop is unusable. They need to display the rpg system on the webpage.

Rogue likes this.
  9. Cloak n' Dagger

Cloak n' Dagger Level 0 Character

I have to agree, there should be columns/filters for both the game systems and the start times. This would be much better for sorting through the games of interest and the times that fit schedules.

Rogue likes this.
  10. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

It'd be nice to see the GM names, too, without having to click through to each event description, or at least be able to filter on that field.

PBurke, Scott308 and dndgeek like this.
  11. Cloak n' Dagger

Cloak n' Dagger Level 0 Character

I don't know if you tried it or not, but one way to see all events by a GM/DM is to find one event they are running, and in the details, click their name. This will then show you all of the events for that person. Not the best method, but it works for the system currently in place.

JediSoth and dndgeek like this.
  12. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

Melf likes this.
  13. Skip

Skip Administrator Staff Member

The folks at Table Top Events have added some new functionality in the form of a panel at the bottom of the search screen. This panle allows you to choose what displays.

Here's an excerpt from a recent email TTE sent Gary Con:

" . . . I’ve added a panel to the bottom of the screen so people can choose what gets displayed on this screen.

https://tabletop.events/conventions/gary-con-ix/schedule

I don’t have a way to display custom fields (like game system) in this list at this time, but if I figure that out I’ll add it as well. . . ."

JediSoth likes this.
  14. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Thanks. I did figure that out, eventually. I also figured out you can search by GM name (if you know how it's entered into the system), and you don't ALWAYS have to hit enter to execute the search.

15. Handy Haversack

Melf likes this.
  16. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

The hardest part now is figuring out what I want to play in between the games I'm running.

17. jonsnod

jonsnod Level 0 Character

Awesome, this is a great addition! Only request would be if they could add Game System as an available column.

Thank you!

18. Skip

Skip Administrator Staff Member

TTE says they're working on that. Alas, we don't have an ETA for that feature.

jonsnod likes this.
  19. Handy Haversack

Thanks for the info, @Skip . Another procedural matter since TTE is a new player in town for most of us:

When will "prices" be populated? Or are those not applicable? For instance, a game's listing might say "8 tickets available at $0 per ticket." What does that mean?

Or does the checkout process work something like last year's, where one fills up a Shopping Cart in advance with all the desired events and then sees what one gets?

I guess what I'm asking is whether you or the TTE people can pull back the curtain and let folks know what the process is.

Thanks!

20. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Yeah, definitely interested in whether this is live purchasing or list submission format.

PBurke likes this.