Hawaiian Shirt Photo 2pm Saturday in the Lobby

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stahlnee, Jan 30, 2016.

1. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Too bad it was so stiffly delayed. Had a game to run; didn't make it in.

2. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Very nice turnout, even if the wait was rather long.

6pm (or 8pm) seems like the most schedule-friendly time to do it (in theory, players could run to it and get back to their games quickly).
    But obviously it's hard to predict the end of the auction, if that's used as our timer.

If the auction doesn't get moved and we figure it to be the same length, maybe move the estimated photo time back to 7 again.

3. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

After the auction is the best time I can think of in order to get more people involved in the photo.

If you set a default time that ends up being after the auction by a block of time I believe you may end losing more people than you gain.

4. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

I sadly missed the photo again this year. The fluid start time and the failure to disclose a location for the photo in advance made it tough.

5. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

It didn't help that the resort made us move the location of the photo because of another event that was starting in the ballroom across from HQ. Next year should be better.

6. extsr

extsr Chevalier

Haven't made it to a HS photo yet. :( Never know when or where...
    (Wore my old Hawaiian Fri night and the new GaryCon one most of Saturday)

7. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Next year hopefully location will be posted in advanced. Timing should be right after auction again.

8. mordrin

You know, having thought about it a little more, if it works for the auctioneers, I think it would be better to have the photo first and then the Auction, in the future.

(Obviously, this would have to be run up the ladder past Luke and the auction team.)

When you go after the 2-3 hr auction, the photo time is unknown and you get people waiting around over and hour and/or some giving up, like this year.
    If you do the 15 min photos first, it doesn't take that long and it's not hard to estimate the time on it, so auction goers aren't left puzzled and waiting. (And it also encourages them to participate, while they wait.)

Say, photo at 4, auction immediately following at 415ish.

9. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Not that it's that important, but it would be soooooo much more workable. But what do I know. (SDC)

10. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Any idea when/where the photo will be posted? Or am I missing something?

11. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

A great idea on moving the photo to right before the auction.

Let's plan on that for next year. Allowing for 10-15 minutes for folks to gather and take the photo before starting the auction is a great idea.

12. Munzog

Munzog Level 0 Character

Well Brendar said on pg 3 it would be posted as soon as possible. But didnt mention where. On this thread perhaps or plastered all over the main site. Dunno.

13. mordrin

Bumping

• It's been suggested and seems well-received to try and have the Annual Photo right before The Auction this year (see above).
    • I don't recall who the photographer was or even if it's the same person every year or not.
    • Do we have an official time for the Auction yet? (Frank has an 8pm event scheduled, so I'm guessing 5ish? Although Tim has a 4-8 event, which seems odd...)
    • Did last year's photo ever surface anywhere?

14. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

I have not seen last years picture surface anywhere, but then I am not everywhere...

15. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

16. mordrin

17. Munzog

Munzog Level 0 Character

Can Heath post them here?

18. dd

dd Level 0 Character

Is Heath the one that snapped the official big scheduled Hawaiian shirt group photo last year, looking down from the 2nd floor above the lobby?
    I've been looking on the GaryCon boards since March and haven't seen it posted yet, but may have missed it somehow.
    Is this the same Heath?
    https://www.gofundme.com/9k88jmfg

19. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Yes.

Yes.

20. mordrin

Finally found a public version of the 2016 photo

[​IMG]

Poindexter and dndgeek like this.