Event Registration 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by datagoblin67, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Skip

Skip Administrator Staff Member

The gold piece/silver piece system from past years is gone; TTE does not support it.

Instead, you will be allowed one or more "featured" events, depending on your badge type and as many other events as you care to try. This is one reason why you will not be able to pre-fill your carts this year.

At the moment, we are reviewing our featured events and moving as many as we can off the list so as to make the most events available to the most people.

Note that the Artemis event collects a fee (I think $2) at game time. I also see that this is not mentioned on the site. I shall fix that as soon as I can.

2. Skip

The Artemis fee actually is $5. We have not yet decided exactly how we'll collect that.
    We likely will set the price in TTE at $5 and sell paper tickets at the show for walk-ups.

3. datagoblin67

datagoblin67 Level 0 Character

Thanks for the work Haversack. I sincerely wish they would assign someone to keep the website updated with clear information, instead of using Facebook first. Not having to sift through the forums to find things out would be very nice. I am happy they sent out an email with registration information finally.

Now if they can get the event purchasing system sorted in time, that would be nice as well. From what I understand its gonna be sort of a grab things one at a time and purchase? It would be much nicer if we can put them in a cart or a wishlist before purchase, then buy or request all at once.

4. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

@Skip I looked on the web site and FB (the graphic for event reg) and I don't see the timezone mentioned/listed. I think it was mentioned in comments somewhere but it's not on the graphic nor in any page on the web site I could find.

5. Skip

The "purchasing system" is in place.
    You get one or more featured events, depending on your badge type. The old gold piece/silver piece system is gone.
    You get any number of non featured events. TTE will not allow you to double schedule.
    You do get to load a cart and submit all at once if you like (you can check out more than once if necessary). What you can't do this year is overload your cart (as happened last year) you'll get an error.

dndgeek likes this.
  6. Skip

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about here. As I mentioned elsewhere, all times shown on TTE are local (CDT) for the show days. This has been a problem for some PC users who have been sharing information over the net, thanks to some Windows quirks.

7. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Skip - Event registration begins at noon in the eastern time zone? central time zone? mountain time zone? or pacific time zone?

8. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Any chance for the game system names that are not on the drop-down list but that are listed in event submission comments to be added to the Game System field?

9. Skip

Noon Eastern each day, as it has been in the past (says Luke).

PBurke likes this.
  10. Skip

Is there a chance? Yes, since "other" isn't any too helpful. Will we get to it before reg opens? I can't tell. There are other fires to put out.

dndgeek likes this.
  11. Handy Haversack

Handy Haversack Chevalier

Thanks! I tried experimenting by using the "Get ticket" button and received a "Gary Con IX is not open for ticket sales." error message. So the purchasing system is not quite in place? Or will it be unlocked later on?

datagoblin67 likes this.
  12. datagoblin67

datagoblin67 Level 0 Character

As a follow up to Handy Haversacks post in regards to the 'Get Ticket' button being unlocked, does this function as a 'Wish List' and allow us to pre-load our carts a few days before the 'purchasing system' goes live? Thanks for your time and any information.

13. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Skip - Thank you for clarification on the time zone.

14. Skip

Haversack and datagoblin:

You cannot preload your carts this year as you could last year. When reg opens for your badge type, however, you can load up your cart and submit all at once, however.

Also see my next post. ;)

15. Skip

Here’s a list of new search features, courtesy of Table Top Events. TTE has delivered big time (these all refer to the search pane/tool that appears below the event list):

- Public custom fields (like Game System) can be displayed in the search results now.
    - You can filter out events that are sold out.
    - You can filter out events that are in the past (great for searches while at the con).
    - You can filter based upon event start time to help fill the gaps in your schedule.
    - Hitting enter twice no longer deletes your search filters. Only explicitly hitting the big red X will do that.
    - Added check marks next to the columns you’re displaying, to make it more clear which ones are being displayed

16. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

Those are huge improvements. They really need to enable searching by field (particularly the game system field) rather than just a broad keyword search, but what we have now is genuinely functional. Thank you!!!

17. Cloak n' Dagger

Cloak n' Dagger Level 0 Character

To echo these sentiments, thanks for the updates, they are much appreciated.

18. scottmaruna

scottmaruna Level 0 Character

Not sure who to mention this to, but based on info in their write-ups and their location in the schedule, it seems the events 188 and 426 have incorrect starting times listed. Thanks

19. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Thanks for the info. More questions:
    1) Can the cart be loaded before noon and then immediately submitted, or do you only become able to start loading at noon?
    2) Is an event 'yours' once it gets into the cart, or is it like the previous system - where infinitely many people can put it in the cart, but what matters is who the first ones to check it out are?
    3) If (2) is the latter case, what happens when you try to check out 6 items and 4 are available and 2 not? Does it give you 4 right away or make you unload the full ones first?
    4) Does the system allow easy and immediate returning of events, if you change your mind, or is it a slower manual process?
    Comment:
    5) A weekday daytime registration? :eek: That seems like awfully inconvenient timing. I may end up returning my Gold (if we can still do that) and going Silver instead, because I'm doubtful about registration from work.

dndgeek likes this.
  20. Skip

{Edited response reflecting new information from the good folk at TTE.}
    I don't know all the answers, and I expect that a public post somewhere is a better place to give out this information, but here's what I know:

1. You cannot load a cart ahead of time.
    2. It is the former. Here's what the TTE folks said:

Once a ticket for a game is in your cart, that ticket is yours. It’s not first to check out wins. It will remain in your cart for two hours, so you have plenty of time to check out.​

3. You can submit as many carts as you like.
    4. I don't have a clue about returning events.
    5. Yes, it's not great, but those are the times we're using this year.

I'm copying out this post and showing it to the people who actually are handling registration. Look to the main site for definitive answers.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    mordrin likes this.