Event Registration 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by datagoblin67, Dec 27, 2016.

1. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

The event listing is expanding still and it is getting tougher for me to make a choice. So many games I want to play but so little time to do it in. Ending up with 18 games so far that I want to play but the schedule only allows to get at the most 6 of these games if I am lucky enough (some overlap each other, some overlap with a game I am helping run and others overlap with time I plan on socializing with old friends and making new friends). What a wonderful situation to be in.

2. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Spectacular! Even more games are being added. Over 20 now that I want to play. There is a first time offering that tops by list this year.

Two that I will miss due to overlapping with an event I am helping run Friday afternoon are taking place in Horticultural Hall! You don't want to miss those events if you schedule allows you to make it.

Several are being offered during the same time as the Hawaiian shirt photo, award presentation and charity auction. Saturday should be 48 hours long to fit everything in.

Even more special guess GMs are being added.

Melf likes this.
  3. Skip

Skip Administrator Staff Member

It's my understanding that you can return events, though I don't know how that's done.
    It has been my experience, too, that events filled during registration aren't always full at game time. And, of course, go ahead and try to grab two tickets for an events. I don't think it will work, but it's worth a try.

PBurke, Tink333 and JediSoth like this.
  4. Skip

Skip Administrator Staff Member

Slipping this in before the first round of event registration goes live in a few hours:

* You will not be able to purchase tickets to two or more events whose times overlap, including two or more tickets to the same event.

* Tickets are returnable. To return a ticket, hit the refund button on your receipt (there is a refund deadline on all tickets and badges). You can find receipts under your account, which you can get to in the upper right corner of every page. You can also refund tickets from the My Schedule page which you can find under the Attend menu.

dndgeek, Melf and mordrin like this.
  5. Traxion

Traxion Footpad

I waited a whole 5 minutes after noon EST and am still seeing "Gary Con IX is not open for ticket sales."

6. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Quiet so far.

I only saw 1 featured event that had as many as 3 tickets sold (and not one I would have predicted, either).

Also tried putting an event in my cart, because the interface had changed and things were green. But, fortunately, it told me my badge type wasn't open yet, which is correct.

7. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Checked a badge I picked up for a friend which was locked out also.

Much better experience than previous years. Kudos to Skip, Dave and the rest of the bunch!

Watching registration now, as tickets are put into the cart it is decreasing the availability and then after checking out it lists the name.

8. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Hi Guys- I certainly appreciate the anxiety around registration given the past couple years fiascos. But so far TTE has functioned as promised. The slip ups have all been with our inexperience with the system, and those miscues have been minor and easily resolved. I am confident that registration will go smoothly. I have had several people contact me to express how easy and smooth the process was for them this year.

Communication on the website is important, and I'll see if I cant get that improved. It requires me passing info to others to post. Where I can easily access and post to social media from my phone. And since I work on a restricted network at work, it is my best option personally. Thanks for the feedback, support and coming to celebrate each year. And if you want to choose another convention- Gamehole is an excellent choice! I love Alex, Josh, Royce, Thomas, Andrew and the rest of the gang at GHC. I hope you will continue to come to Gary Con of course and that you find it has value greater than the perceived negatives.

- Luke

9. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

it was much easier this year.

PBurke likes this.
  10. Traxion

Traxion Footpad

I think the system is much better this year, of course I would have liked more Featured events, but I think the way they set it up is pretty equitable so I really can't complain.
    Caroline and the rest of the crew have done great working behind the scenes and kept communicating as info was available.

PBurke likes this.
  11. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

The mix is really good for me. As each year passes, I find I end up playing less games and spend more time running games and hanging out with old friends and making new friends.

Traxion and PBurke like this.
  12. Scott M.

Scott M. Footpad

Saw this same idea here and on FB today that available ticket counts are reduced when someone places one in a cart. Is that the desired functionality? I remember a bunch of warnings from Skip or someone a few weeks ago that that would not be the case. If someone puts ticket#123 in his cart and continues browsing/adding (potentially for a long time), do you want another person who only wanted ticket#123 to be unable to get it during that time? If yes, is there a timeout duration for tickets to go back into the available pool? If no, can it be changed by Wednesday? Many thanks to all.

13. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

If you read one of Skips postings the TTE system is allows the cart to stay for 2 hours.

If the first person who put ticket 123 in their cart and then checked out would still be the first.

PBurke, dndgeek and Scott M. like this.
  14. Scott M.

Scott M. Footpad

I don't think I read Skip's post carefully enough the first time, and he has since edited it and made it even clearer. Looking forward to registration!

15. tron

tron Level 0 Character

I purchased a badge for myself and my wife under my login. Will I be able to switch between badges and register both of us? Let me know how this worked if anyone who registered earlier did so with multiple badges.

Thank you!

16. crunchy

crunchy Level 0 Character

OK, so I am gearing up for registration this weekend and here is my user experience so far. I may not have all of the details 100% correct but I will try to reconstruct it as best as I can. I already have my badge.

Went to Garycon.com. Clicked on Events to see the event list. Event Registration. No, not there. Ah, it says CLICK HERE to go to the Table Top Event Badge Registration page. I already have a badge but let's try that. No, that's just for badges. Scroll down to the bottom. No, go back. Check Badge Registration at Garycon.com. Ah, Events. Click that. No, that's event submission. Click on Table Top Events page. OK, here it is! Welcome to Garycon! You can find all the details you need to know at our official site. Click on that. No, that's where I just was. Click back. Click back. Click Event Registration. No, same as before. Click back. Click back. Click back. Click back. Maybe I have to be logged in. No, that just shows stuff from previous years. Log out.

OK, let's try the forums. General Discussion. Go down, go down. Fourteenth one down, Event Registration 2017. OK, here's a pdf. Click that. Error, must be logged in. OK, remember that one for later. Click back. How about this one. Dropbox.com, blah-blah... it's a csv file, what ever that is. Click that. This one opens but it looks like a mess. Getting closer. Remember that one for later. Click back. This one looks promising, table-top events, blah-blah, schedule! And there it is! Found it! Hey, this is where I was before. Oh, now I get it. You have to click Attend, then Find Events. I was just looking for the word "event." Plus I probably never really noticed that it was a different website because it says Garycon IX in big letters at the top just like the other website, except it also says table-top events at the top in tiny little letters.

OK, ready for registration!

I am not trying to be wise-ass here or anything, I just wanted to let you know about my user experience in case it helps you streamline things in the future. I am sure that many of you I.T. Alpha Beards are rolling your eyes at me at this point but I'm not completely mental or anything. All of this only took me like five minutes. But I think that you may not be passing the Brad's Mom test on this one. Namely, "Is this simple enough for Brad's Mom to figure out?"

I'm looking forward to another enjoyable con, and of that I really have no doubt. See you there!

Tom

datagoblin67 likes this.
  17. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I did the same thing. When you view an event in Tabletop Events, you should see two buttons on the right, one to purchase a ticket for yourself and the other for your spouse.

datagoblin67 likes this.
  18. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Go to garycon.com, login if you aren't already, click Events>Event Registration>"TableTop Events">Attend>Find Events.

A link that specifically states "Event Registration" on the Event Registration would likely solve the issue.

datagoblin67 likes this.
  19. ErikB

ErikB Level 0 Character

Noob here. I haven't seen a time for the start of event registration tomorrow. Help?

20. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    PBurke likes this.