Badges

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glamcrist, Jun 12, 2017.

1. glamcrist

glamcrist Footpad

So, badge sales begin Saturday, got some questions spawned by the announcement.

1. Will kids badges no longer be available?
    2. Same question RE spectator badges.
    3. Any ETA on event submission?

2. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Just saw it was linked a few minutes ago from the home page

https://tabletop.events/conventions/gary-con-x/badgetypes

List youth badges and spectator badges.

3. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

Will the GM rewards be sorted out by the time badges go on sale?

4. glamcrist

glamcrist Footpad

When I posted the thread, tabletop still had last year's badge info. I was literally referring to the announcement, which was all the info available at that time. I am not a patient man! ;)

thanks for the info!

5. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Greetings,

Youth and Spectator badges will be available and as I recall their is no change to those badges. I like seeing young gamers, spouses and prospective gamers come and enjoy the celebration with their loved ones.

The Event Managers, aka Dave and Skip, wanted to refine the process a little before opening event submission. I am projecting that we will open in approximately August, prior to GenCon.

All GMs that met the criteria will get a code for a Silver badge. Ideally we will get this out prior to NOON Central Standard Time on Saturday. However, their is no danger of Silver Badges selling out anytime soon. If you are a GM who wants to purchase a Gold or higher level badge, and you don't have your code yet, purchase the badge and we will get you a partial refund in lieu of the Silver Badge.

Thanks to all of you long time attendees and active members of the community. I know things haven't always been perfect but I hope that you saw improvement last year and that we can earn your confidence as we move forward.

Luke

chainsaw and Poindexter like this.
  6. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

on the Badge Registration checklist from the link on the Home page it lists the following "Official GaryCon IX T-shirt". perhaps that needs to be changed to not include the 'IX'...

7. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

i do not enjoy the "Convenience Fee"...especially when there is no Inconvenient way to purchase a badge! yes, by the time of the actual convention you can buy silver and spectator badges, but the gold and above are all sold out by then. no, i do not condone applying the "Convenience Fee" only for the silver and spectator badges.

8. Melf

Thank you for pointing that out. I'll get it updated. There are a few mistakes in there that need correction. The website post and fb post have the correct info. We will get the Bsdge Reg page on GC fixed ASAP.

Poindexter likes this.
  9. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

Badge page has been updated.

Let me tell you, one of the delights of being part of this group is interrupting an AD&D game at a store with a bunch of folks I've never met, and saying: "I'm sorry, I have to take this call from Luke Gygax."

dndgeek, Jarlaxle, Poindexter and 3 others like this.
  10. Melf

Thanks for taking the call and helping me out Thomas!

Poindexter likes this.
  11. Melf

I think that fee applies across the board to all badges purchased. It's how TTE pays the bills.

Poindexter likes this.
  12. Khasimir

Khasimir Footpad

'Cause that's how you roll Thomas!

13. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

i understand. my beef is in the name. if they simply called it a tax or a processing fee then i'd live with it.

14. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

Has this been ironed out yet?

15. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Next time just say, "Luscious Maximus" and see if there's equal excitement.

16. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

man, some guys are so lucky, i would have bought an electrum badge for sure...

sir jon likes this.
  17. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

So...I thought I had a badge credit this year. I do not see, to. Help!

18. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

Hey -- Luke sent those codes out prior to badge registration opening, so check your inbox and check your spam box. If you don't have a code listed, and you believe you qualify for one, send a message directly to Melf

19. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

Nothing at all from Garycon in my inbox or my spam folder. Already messaged Melf.