Wednesday night, pre convention.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steven Kreft, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Navar

Navar Level 0 Character

Flying in Wednesday afternoon with a friend & will be at the hotel by 3. Planned on attending Frankenparty. Bummed that there won't be one this year. Looking for pickup games for Wednesday afternoon & evening. Would love to play some Dungeon World.

2. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

I will make every effort to have some Dungeon World ready to run Wednesday afternoon/evening and will post here to let folks know whether it's a go. I haven't GMd in almost a year, so I've got to knock some dust off and do some prep. In honor of the Frankenparty, I could convert one of Frank's modules -- To the Aid of Falx -- to Dungeon World if people would like.

sd8k, Scott M. and SoulCatcher78 like this.
  3. Wooly

Wooly Level 0 Character

Has it been confirmed somewhere that the Frankenparty is not happening? I saw that Frank was not listed as a featured guest but I’m hoping he at least attends the Con!

dndgeek likes this.
  4. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

I have not seen an announcement either way. In the last few years the announcment came weeks before the convention.

Poindexter and Wooly like this.
  5. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Did a search of the forum for GaryCon VIII and IX.
    - Frankenparty 3 announced February 6 and took place on March 2.
    - Frankenparty 4 announced March 7 and took placed on March 22.

Still early to speculate in my opinion.

Poindexter and Wooly like this.
  6. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

I don't think so...he isn't listed as running anything.

7. PBurke

PBurke Level 0 Character

If you run your Greyhawk/Planescape game "A Tale Told by an Idiot", I'd be extremely interested in being a player!

Scott M. likes this.
  8. Scott M.

Scott M. Footpad

Awesome! If we get a few more, we’ll definitely do it. PM to exchange contact info if you like.

PBurke likes this.
  9. gmbarry

gmbarry Footpad

For anyone interested, I would be happy to organize a board game night Wednesday night with Social deduction games and party games. It would be a great way to start off the Con..

Games would be:

The Thing
    Donner Dinner Party
    Telestrations
    Fluxx
    Codenames:Disney or Marvel
    and a few other fun games

10. gmbarry

gmbarry Footpad

Looks like Frankenparty is going to happen... based on the Facebook page

dndgeek and Wooly like this.
  11. Wooly

Wooly Level 0 Character

I checked Frank Mentzer's Facebook and the GaryCon Facebook. What Facebook page is this on? Thx!

12. SoulCatcher78

SoulCatcher78 Level 0 Character

[​IMG]
    Frank Mentzer
    We're on schedule. News to be posted on the GaryCon boards.

That was posted yesterday in response to a question about the party on the Gary Con facebook page

13. gmbarry

gmbarry Footpad

14. sd8k

sd8k Level 0 Character

I'll be in Wednesday having an adult beverage and looking for games! I am considering breaking out my Robo Rally game just for a something different.

Hey if Frank is not running anything maybe he will come sit in my To the Aid of Falx game HA!

15. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

His events were very late entries this year...but enough people spotted them for them to fill up, regardless.

16. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

With the Frankenparty back on the schedule, are people still interested in Dungeon World on Wednesday night?

17. Scott308

Scott308 Chevalier

I'm interested in playing something Wednesday night. Right now I don't know if I've got friends that are playing anything or not. I'm not familiar with Dungeon World, but I might be willing to give it a shot

18. katsin

katsin Level 0 Character

Frankenparty? I was beginning to feel as if this would be my first Gary Con that didn't feel like Gary Con. With Frankenparty to kick things off I'm feeling good again. This isn't verified yet but my fingers are crossed (figuratively or I would have many typing errors).

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  19. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

With just one person expressing continued interest in Dungeon World for Wednesday night, I'm going to pull the plug on a planned DW event on Wednesday night. I may prep something in case folks hanging out at the site are up for a game, but I don't want anyone to plan around it (and I don't want to lock myself into prepping in the as-appears-likely event there is not interest).

20. Scott M.

Scott M. Footpad

Not going to the Frankenparty but similarly occupied later on Wednesday. But I'd still love to play something in the afternoon (2-6, 3-7?). Don't know what time you had in mind. Would that draw some frankenpeople back in?