Looking for tips on getting most out of my first Gary Con

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JasonM, Dec 27, 2018.

1. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

If you purchase a drink at the bar you can take it with you. I highly recommend getting one of the stadium cups made for the con to get cheaper Spotted Cow and soft drinks during your stay. You can get them at the merch table.

Melf, Poindexter and Aaron Wilbers like this.
  2. gmbarry

gmbarry Footpad

A fair bit of Carousing and Drinking is acceptable, just don't be that guy.... the one that gets thrown out.

Melf and Aaron Wilbers like this.
  3. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

My apologies for the delay. mordrin hit the high notes.

I would note that in the past few years at The Grand, the back hall by, I think it's the Maple Lawn and Linwood rooms has seen a fair share of demo games and pickup games.

If you keep your eyes and ears open you are likely to just see/hear people looking for players for a game.

As you attend year after year, in my experience, those can become great friendships and opportunities for off-grid shenanigans.

Poindexter and JasonM like this.
  4. Aaron Wilbers

Aaron Wilbers Level 0 Character

No doubt. Just was curious if you could have a beer during a long session...especially my 7 hour wargaming session Saturday night!

5. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

FYI: I've got a Chainmail event from noon to 4 on Sunday with 3 tickets left and it's a drinking game, if interested and available: Eaters of the Dead.

Hiscompter and Aaron Wilbers like this.
  6. Aaron Wilbers

Aaron Wilbers Level 0 Character

If we get another FE I'ld be happy to play. But Sunday is a drive home day after my gaming so I'll be abstaining that day.

7. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Crap, I keep forgetting they made all my events featured this year. Boo! Enjoy the con; it's a blast.

Aaron Wilbers likes this.
  8. JasonM

JasonM Level 0 Character

This is great stuff, thanks so much!

9. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Yes. You can have a beverage from the hotel in your gaming area. Many people have water, soda or beer. It makes the soda and beer stadium cups all the more useful!

Aaron Wilbers likes this.
  10. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Here it comes:
    https://garycon.com/blog/2019/02/11/featured-events-remaining/

Poindexter and JasonM like this.