Released my room

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gizmomathboy, Feb 11, 2019.

1. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

I've cancelled the reservation on my room (double).

So, if you're looking for a room you might see if it's still free.

2. JasonM

JasonM Level 0 Character

Thanks so much for the heads up. It's not showing up on the site though so it must have been gobbled up quickly. I would certianly take the opportunity to move into the main hotel if I could.

3. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

I wouldn't rely on the site data being actual real time, so I'd would call them. They may have a wait list, too.

JasonM likes this.
  4. JasonM

JasonM Level 0 Character

Score! I just had to call. Oddly enough I can't get in on the 5th when I'm coming into town but I was able to get the 6th-11th. Thanks!

My goodness the person I spoke with there was SUPER helpful and nice. Best experience I've ever had trying to book a hotel.

Poindexter and SoulCatcher78 like this.
  5. rickwins

rickwins Level 0 Character

I had been on the wait list for a room for Wednesday night, I called and was able to book a room. Not sure if the wait list personnel are very active.

6. Blackthicket

Blackthicket Level 0 Character

Are you still coming to Gary Con??

7. odd

odd Level 0 Character

Ah, wish I had known their waitlist wasn't honored, I'd called back more. I got added a few days after they sold the last room. Good to know though.

8. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

yes. he is.
    i released mine too before the 15th at no charge.

diaglo "i too am coming i just upgraded to share with other friends" Ooi

9. Zenopus

Zenopus Level 0 Character

I also just released a room about 30 minutes ago (king bed with sleeper sofa). As of now I am still planning on attending but will be sharing a room with friends. There is a chance I will have to cancel so this way I won't lose out on the room deposit.

FYI, they now require two weeks notice for cancellations, so if you have a reservation starting on March 7th today is the last day to cancel to get your one night room deposit back.

10. odd

odd Level 0 Character

Thanks, I got a room!

11. Zenopus

Zenopus Level 0 Character

Great! Glad that worked. I saw Luke posted on FB that a number of rooms came available today.

Is your "odd" handle a reference to "Original Dungeons & Dragons"?

12. odd

odd Level 0 Character

It's not I got called an oddball a lot

13. Aaron Wilbers

Aaron Wilbers Level 0 Character

Ended up getting a King room yesterday afternoon when Melf posted on the FB group that there were rooms open. So I cost myself 90 more bucks but I'm not down by the harbor so I can have some drinks...just a couple.

14. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Don't feel bad. The regular rate for the Grand Geneva is $275 after fees and taxes, which is what they're charging starting today.

Aaron Wilbers likes this.
  15. Aaron Wilbers

Aaron Wilbers Level 0 Character

Yeah I'm 129 a night plus fees. I looked up the king rooms and they were sweet! Plus I can wander back to my room at any time instead of being 15 minutes away. I'm psyched.

Poindexter likes this.