Where is the event list/schedule?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WoodGrainBox, Feb 22, 2019.

1. WoodGrainBox

WoodGrainBox Level 0 Character

How do you expect someone to decide whether to attend if you never publish an event list?

2. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

3. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

4. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Dudes! Discovery is part of the game! Why did you give him the links? Prowling around and finding the loot is part and parcel to the old-school experience!

Poindexter, Zenopus and dndgeek like this.
  5. OGRE MAGE

OGRE MAGE Footpad

If you are referring to the fact that you cant see the event list on TTE, my advice would be to try a different search browser. When I use google, the event list doesn't show up for me on there. Not sure why.

6. Zenopus

Zenopus Level 0 Character

Earlier this year I suddenly could not see any of the event listings on TTE for any con in either Chrome or Firefox. It turns out I needed to update both programs, and to do that I needed to update the OS on my 2011 Mac, and to do that I needed to add more RAM. Now TTE is working fine and it's like I have a new computer. : )

So my suggestion is to make sure your browser is updated to the latest version.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Poindexter likes this.
  7. WoodGrainBox

None of that post-ODDenist heresy around here, please.

Excuse me while I disconnect my Sinclair Scientific Computer from the TV antenna leads, so I can watch The Rockford Files.

8. WoodGrainBox

No, there is no link on that page identified as "schedule of events" or "event list" or any such useful pointer.

9. WoodGrainBox

10. WoodGrainBox

Does anyone running this show realize that the above page cannot be accessed from its parent page?

https://tabletop.events/conventions/gary-con-xi

No link to "shedule of events"

Mickey mouse operation all around. I'd like to someday before I die play some Chainmail, but first it takes months of effort to get the site admins to approve my registration for this Forum, and then the con itself is veiled in secrecy... screw this...

11. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Awww...are you not coming? What a shame...

12. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

on the above link, click the "Attend" menu option and from the drop-down select the "Events Schedule" option.

it will be helpful for you to log into the tabletop website before hand.

hope that helps.

13. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

upload_2019-2-23_7-42-6.png

And, to note: It didn't take me "months" to approve your membership on the forum. It took me a few hours (because I work for Mickey Mouse during the day. No, really). As we established in our communications, it took you months to determine that we'd sent you a link in an email, and then I had to manually approve you when you circular-filed that email.

Scott308, Poindexter and The Josrian like this.
  14. JasonM

JasonM Level 0 Character

It's weird how all these people managed to buy badges and signup for events using the website then I guess, including many first timers such as myself. I also don't understand the hostility given that clearly, you are the one having issues that others aren't having. People have been very helpful to you as well and have been trying to help you solve your problem.

There are real people behind these screen names. Are you always this rude to people IRL who are trying to help you out, or is it only an Internet thing?

Scott308, Poindexter and jim like this.
  15. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Damn. More games and drinks for us.

jim skach likes this.