Hotel sold out for next year?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donegal, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Donegal

Donegal Level 0 Character

Seriously? In 2 hours?

So disappointing.

2. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

Remember that it sold out quickly last year as well, but due to cancellations, there were rooms still available during the convention this year.

3. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

Actually in about 1 hour.

4. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

The cancellations this year included unique factors. GaryCon X maybe a better barometer with repsect to expected cancellations.

5. Donegal

The couldn't tell me how long the wait list is or where I am in it, so it is kind of moot at this point. We will see.

6. Donegal

Parking got really dicey this year too. Even valet was full on Saturday, so staying elsewhere really isn't a great option.

7. Aaron Wilbers

Aaron Wilbers Level 0 Character

Well they can't add more rooms. I was online at 9 am sharp and got a double for next year. Not sure what they can do other than shrink the Con.

8. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Keep in mind that the snow should be gone (mind you, Wisco weather can make be a bloody liar here) by the time of the con next year. And if a rather astute suggestion is taken up, vendors with larger vehicles and trailers may be moved to a different lot to help parking alleviation.

9. silas

silas Chevalier

The problem with waiting for someone to cancel at the last minute, is that if you are planning to run events and need to purchase badges far in advance, you are taking the risk that you won't have a room.

GC has officially outgrown the space at this point. Now people are hoarding rooms, and hotels in the area are price-gouging for rooms outside the standard block, just like they do at Gen Con.

10. Aaron Wilbers

Where in LG would it fit better though?

11. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Nowhere would fit better; we have the largest location in LG that has rooms and exhibition space.

Aaron Wilbers likes this.
  12. Aaron Wilbers

Honestly this was my first year but it was already big enough for me and the location was wonderful. Having the con at the hotel I'm staying at is key for me and moving it out of LG would be a travesty.

13. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Time to start running some regular shuttles to a couple of other hotels, perhaps. Obviously not an ideal solution, but certainly better than no solution at all.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  14. Cloak n' Dagger

Cloak n' Dagger Level 0 Character

They were doing that, this year. One of our group members was staying at the Comfort Inn able to get shuttled to and from the Resort without any issues.

15. JasonM

JasonM Level 0 Character

I was told that there was a shuttle running between all the hotels on the property.

16. jim

jim Level 0 Character

The Comfort Suites shuttle was pretty good.

17. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Oh, OK, cool.