Changes to Event System fro Gary Con XII (2020)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Melf, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Hello Forum Faithful,

We have heard lots of feedback from you on the Featured Event System used over the past few years. A few people liked it, but many more did not. So after some thought and help from JT at TTE, we have come up with a new system that resolves the concerns people had while retaining the benefits.

All events will simply be events- no Featured or Regular category. We will have the same badge types and same registration process with a Premier one week before Platinum registration. One week after Platinum will be Gold registration and then a week after that Standard registration. We will open up a percentage of seats in all games at each registration period. Something along these lines:

Premier (Diamond Badges) 50%
    Platinum (Diamond and Platinum Badges) 65%
    Gold (Diamond, Platinum and Gold) 80%
    Standard (All) 100%

This system alleviates the issues of artificially limiting registration for some events that were coded Featured, so GMs will have an equal footing to have players sign up for their games. It also ensures that every person will have the opportunity to get into a game whether you have a diamond or silver badge. And it retains the benefits of earlier registration for gold and above badges. We believe this will be a great improvement for all and are very excited to implement it for GC XII.

Cheers,

Luke

Jarlaxle, Poindexter, jim and 4 others like this.
  2. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

This looks like an excellent improvement. I'm sure I'll find something to bitch and gripe about after Gary Con XII because I suck that way, but I am really, really pleased to read this. Thank you for working hard to make this the best 4 days in gaming.

3. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

As with all good ideas and plans, we'll see how well it survives with contact with reality. :)

I think it's a good idea, or at least an idea that is worth a shot to see how well it works.

As Buttmonkey noted, humans are broken and we will find something to complain about ;-)

Poindexter and dndgeek like this.
  4. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

Luke, are the seats being opened "by event"? I'm guessing that makes the most sense but gamers and coders are sticklers for details :)

Also, knowing JT...it will be the most logical and "fair" way, so I'm guessing by seats in each event.

Thanks, for keeping us in the know.

Melf likes this.
  5. SoulCatcher78

SoulCatcher78 Level 0 Character

But the sky is still blue and water is still wet!

Great news and happy to see changes being made :)

Melf likes this.
  6. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Yes a percentage of seats in each event is open at each gateway.

Poindexter likes this.