Gary Con XII Badge Sales Open July 27, 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Melf, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Hiscompter

Hiscompter Level 0 Character

Yeah then, Bam, gone ....got my fingers crossed. I turn 50 next year and wanted to treat myself, lol

Mitch the Bard likes this.
  2. Jonathan McGough

Jonathan McGough Level 0 Character

Question : my group had one person purchase all our badges for GaryCon on his card and the badges don't appear in anyone's TabletopEvents account accept his...how will some of the group be able to submit events to DM?

3. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Level 0 Character

This was on the facebook page:

Q:I would like a platinum, but with an hour before Reg opens they are almost all gone. How does that happen please?
    A:It's the power of first-buy. If you had one last year, it's offered to you first, ahead of regular badge sales. Not a new thing in the industry.

I am guessing the Premier is the same.... I didn't go for these as they are way out of my budget, but with so few of them, it would be extremely difficult to ever get one now, until current holders give them up, if they ever do.

Hiscompter likes this.
  4. ARCHIE

ARCHIE Level 0 Character

I did manage to get a Gold. Just had to pay full price.
    I wonder if they will offer the discount after the fact.....

5. Brian Johnson

I asked a similar question about taking my Grandson..... Here was a response on FB

You CAN buy multiple badges under one account, but it's better for each person to have their own account.
    That way each person controls buying tickets to events when that time come (Feb. 2020).
    So either you'll be picking out your grandson's events for him or you will want to contact the Gary Con staff to move the badge to your grandson's account sometime before Feb 2020.

6. Jonathan McGough

Jonathan McGough Level 0 Character

Thank you for that.

I guess I'll have to contact the staff to have each badge moved over to our own accounts..

7. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Yeah...they will move badges to another account. I've been buying my kids' badges and moving them for years....

Brian Johnson likes this.
  8. Hiscompter

Hiscompter Level 0 Character

So I found my answers on the Book of Faces, Thanks Melf, so I will get the standard badge. However, I know life happens, so is there a place like in this forum or on the Book of Faces, that people will sell their tickets if they can’t make the Con? Say they won a cruise or someone is getting married or something....

9. Brian Johnson

Your very welcome!

10. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

People have passed on re-buy, I know that for a fact. Those do get offered to the general public. Also, some people have had to quit the con before the dates and their badges also get offered up, if time allows. Anything is possible.

11. Skip

Skip Administrator Staff Member

12. Skip

Skip Administrator Staff Member

We've had event submission open for a little more than a month and so for the response has been awesome. but we've got a long way to go before we can fill the whole site with great games, so keep 'em coming, folks!

Dates to remember:

November 1st: Deadline for the Early Bird bonus https://garycon.com/game-master-rewards/

January 5th, 2020: Event submission closes.

Poindexter, The Josrian and JediSoth like this.
  13. Malchor

Malchor Level 0 Character

A few newbie questions, apologies if they have been asked.

1. Is it too late to register?
    2. When does game reg. start?
    3. Is there an extra fee per game session?
    4. Is there an extra fee for Legends of Wargaming game session?
    5. Are the Legends of Wargaming game sessions part fo regular game sign up?
    6. If you had some specific games you want to get into, what is the minimum badge level recommended?
    7. Which are the local hotels to avoid no matter what?
    Yeah, it is seven questions, but since it is seven, answering them will work like a Luckstone*!

* there is no actual guarantee this is true, but you may feel a warm wholesome feeling in your belly from helping another gamer out.

14. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

1. No
    2. I don't recall exactly since event submission can keep going until pretty close to the con starting. It should start in the January to February time frame. There has been a slight change in how event registration works:

https://garycon.com/blog/2019/07/20/new-and-improved-event-process-for-gary-con-xii/

3. Nope
    4. Nope
    5. Yep
    6. Silver is good enough. However, per the link above, other badges will get an earlier registration time than others. Personally, I think the new registration process will give more opportunity to get into "high demand" events.
    7. No clue to be honest

15. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

A note regarding question 3. 99%+ of the events have no extra fee. In the past there has been a fee for games played at 330 Center St. along with making your own resin terrain in the dealers hall.