Gary Con XIV dates?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mitch the Bard, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Mitch the Bard

Mitch the Bard Level 0 Character

I hate to be "that guy"...but I know that in past years, the dates for next year's GC have been announced at the end of the con...were dates announced and I missed them or still yet to come? Thanks

Jarlaxle and Poindexter like this.
  2. scottmbruner

scottmbruner Level 0 Character

I was wondering the same thing! Last year in Wisconsin and we want to make up for the absence of the last two years...really looking forward to seeing folks again.

3. Jonathan McGough

Jonathan McGough Level 0 Character

Hi guys,

Just a wondering if anyone knows when (on a typical year...sans Covid) that the Grand Geneva releases the rooms for booking?

If tickets for GaryCon normally go on sale in July...when can we book a room?

Also, are there reduced convention rates at the GG or no?

Any information would be very much appreciated.

We missed out on GC 12 and absolutely don't want to miss 2022.

Thanks!
    Jon

4. bighara

bighara Chevalier

In the past, the room block is often opened up right at the end of the previous con (sometimes that Sunday) or shortly thereafter.

5. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Yeah, that's my recollection, too. Almost immediate.

Have you tried calling yet?

Yes, there has always been a GC discount involved in booking. Be sure to mention it.
    (And in the case of booking and discounted price, there have been cases of a clueless clerk either not applying the discount or claiming rooms were all booked, when they were really just set aside for the con.)

6. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

Last weekend in March-3/24-3/27, directly from Skip Williams.

Badge sales open sometime this summer, hotel starts booking AFTER badge sales open, per Luke.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    Poindexter likes this.
  7. Jonathan McGough

Jonathan McGough Level 0 Character

Thank you guys!! Much appreciated.