Artist's Alcove

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Melf, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Great News Fantasy Art Fans!

Gary Con IV will feature a new attraction, the Artist's Alcove. There will be an art display on the lobby floor in the alcove off of the bar area (tentatively) where Jeff Easley, Jeff Dee, Dave "Diesel" LaForce, Doug Kovacs and Jim Wampler will share their works. The hours will be 12-4 Friday and Saturday.

2. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Any chance of getting Erol Otus to come to Gary Con IV?

3. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

That's awesome. My wife and I love to look at the art.

Getting Erol Otus, too, would be really cool. I love his stuff.

4. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Super cool. If possible, maybe some up-and-comers (like Ian Baggley, who is doing 99% of Jeff Talanian's AS&SH art) could get a little exposure through this as well. Kinda remind people that we have great young talent in our midsts. Plus, gives the young guys a chance to rub elbows with the more established guys.

5. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Great minds think alike. I emailed Jeff T. about Ian a couple days ago. I hope he can do it as well.

6. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Nice! :D

7. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Are you guys familiar with Mark Allen? He lives in the Wisconsin area and has done some work for Troll Lord Games as well as some of the Old School writers. He's a pretty good guy and has been to GaryCon in the past.

8. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

I'm looking forward to this and it is nice to know who will be there in advance and where. I might just have to figure out what I have that I might be able to get signed.

9. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

VERY great idea, chainsaw/Melf.

(Hmm...."Chainsaw Melf." Has a certain, grisly ring to it)
    ((next Halloween session villain...))

"Gather ye 'round, all who dare, for the tale o' Chainsaw Melf..."
    Yep. :cool:

10. wyrdbrew

wyrdbrew Level 0 Character

John Kovalic of Munchkin fame lives in Madison, maybe he would come if encouraged.

11. crunchy

crunchy Level 0 Character

Tell Kovalic the nearest Beef-a-Roo is only a half-hour away.