DGS Wed. Meet-n-Greet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by red wizard, Mar 16, 2012.

1. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Hi all, I just wanted to announce a Dead Games Society Meet-n-Greet scheduled for Wednesday afternoon in the hotel bar area upstairs. This will be a pretty informal event; we'll grab a few tables, order a few beverages and share some tall tales of gaming. I'll try and be around in the bar area by around 2PM. So if you are interested in getting to know just what the Dead Games Society is about, I know we are interested in getting to know you. :)

We'll also be doing some recording in preparation for the upcoming DGS Podcast!

Hope to see you there.

2. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Wish I could, but I can't get there until Thursday. :(

3. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Totally understand Osarious.

4. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

I'll be there. Should be unpacking and getting settled by that time. Will need a beer after the 7 hour drive!

5. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Ha, I bet you will!

6. mark

mark Spellbinder

Sounds like fun! :)

7. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Great news as Mama & I were planning on coming down to the hotel that afternoon anyway. Now we'll have something to drink...er..DO other than gaming with Mark CMG. Looking forward to meeting up with DGS. :D

8. mark

mark Spellbinder

:D Maybe a Wiz War game in the hotel bar is in order? :D

9. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Could definitely be in order. :D

Looking forward to seeing you again Keeper!

10. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

OKAY! I can take a hint. How many copies of the game do I need to bring?

11. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

I'm a Wiz War n00b, but I know all about it (just never had the opp. to play). That sounds like it'd be a great beer-n-pretzels time!

12. Nogrod

Nogrod Level 0 Character

I hope to be able to drop by. Maybe you guys should stretch it out longer so my airport shuttle will get there before you are done. :D

13. Dale

Dale Administrator

I think I will have to get myself, Chris, & Luke to swing by to check ID's & the quality of beverages being served. We need to do this for the children.

*Sip* Yup, that tastes like a properly chilled Spotted Cow. :D

14. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

You see? It's THIS kind of hands-on attention to quality control that makes this event so special!

Huzzah!

15. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

[​IMG]

16. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

What is it with all the beer? Does anybody up there know how to drink some good whiskey?

*Checks supplies and readies them for the trip*

Okay, well, at least some will be headed with me. ;) As well as a nice box of cigars.......

Wish I could be at the meet and greet but I'll be visiting friends in Waukegan but I will be there early Thursday!

17. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Sadly, I can't be there until Thursday.

Have fun.

I'll check in with the DGS when it's time for Starchild, The Demon, Space Ace, and Catman to assemble, though! :D

18. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Hey GeekPreacher, I too enjoy a nice 12 year aged bottle and a good cigar. Maybe I'll have some Glenmorangie to share.

Sounds like a plan Mordrin. I know Michael is stoked to put on his make-up. Hmmm, now something about that seems a bit off...

19. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

Unfortunately I will be unable to attend the DGS meet and greet. I must meditate alone in my room as I prepare my mind and spirit to run adventures. And the rubbing of the traditional oils onto my skin is a sacred ritual that must be observed in complete darkness and silence. I appreciate your understanding.

M.

20. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

That's how you 'slipped' pasted me last year without giving me a 'Ring-of-Power'. :lol: