Hello, Rhuvein checking in.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rhuvein, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Hi everybody. I haven’t been very active on these new forums since I returned to work last September . . my daughter went away to college (dagblasted tuition costs!). And thus, I won’t be able to attend GaryCON (or any event for that matter for some many years), and I usually work weekends.

I’ll miss you guys, but I do wish for everyone to have a great weekend gaming and remembering Gary.

All the best to Luke and his family as well as all the GC team and all my online (and now personal) friends and fellow gamers!

Shout outs and best to Steve Chenault, Frank Mentzer, Tim Kask, Jim Ward, Chris Clark, Mike Carr, Paul Stormberg, Thom Wham, Ernie Gygax, The Keeper (and many others that I can’t recall at the moment) and all the other TSR greats.

[I am hoping for the slight chance to mebbe drive up for the day for LeMans. Won’t know till the last minute]

Anyway, great gaming and fun to all!!

:D

2. grodog

grodog Troubadour

I'm sorry that we'll miss you this year, Ross. Hope to see you if you can drop by the table!

3. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

DANG, RHU!!! Gonna miss you this year. :( Garycon without Rhu, just aint right.

4. mark

mark Spellbinder

You'll be missed. :(

5. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Drat! I was looking forward to seeing you at Gary Con Ross and maybe shooting down some Tommies again. I sure hope you can make it up Satuday for LeMans and maybe a spotted cow or two.

Luke

6. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Dang blasted! It has been fun seeing you at GaryCon over the past few years. If you can run over for a little while lunch is on me.....and, no, I don't mean in the gamer fashion of spilling lunch all over my shirt!

Just like you, I wonder what's going to happen when my daughter hits college in a few years. I've told her she better get plenty of scholarships but just thinking about her going away to college makes me a little sad. She's always going to be my little girl.

Stay and touch and give us a heads up on what's going on with you.

7. osarious

osarious Chevalier

It's not as bad a you think. Mine daughter is in Sweden right now. Hence, she will not be at Gary Con. :(
    But she is having the experience of her life, and there's always next year. :)

8. francisca

francisca Troubadour

UNACCEPTABLE!

9. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Hey Ross

Hope you can check in at least for a taste of the con.

You really should have arranged for your daughter to learn a trade, instead. Like sorcerer's apprentice, for example.

10. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Haha, New Glarus beers!! The best!

I remember sitting with your Dad, waiting for some Con goers to show up for a Sat game (LGGC) and I brought some New Glarus (can't recall which one. Your Dad had suggested a few when we chatted on the forums, so I bought the first 6 pack I saw)

So we sipped some brew and discussed pretty much everything . . food, wine, gaming, culture, sports, literature, etc.

The other folks pulled up and Gary was concerned for me that I was missing gaming and I replied, no problemo or some such.

Meaning: that hanging out with your Dad and enjoying a great beer and chewing the fat . . was excellent and more fun than gaming! Yes, I said it!! :-D

Finally, I had favoured the dark and stout NG beers . . until your brother turned me on to the "Moon Man"!! An amazing brew that is nothing short of fabulous!!

OK, nuff talk about NG beer or I may have to quit my job and move in with Ernie or Thom so I can be drinking the nectar of the Gods everyday!!

:D

11. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Thanks to everyone for your supportive comments. You guys are the "excellence"!

:cool:

12. forgemeister

forgemeister Footpad

I just read this.

Picture me with a scowl.

Heck, I am even running LA this year! Mayhap we'll find a way to get you enough info and pics that you will suffer a bit less from the deprivation that occurs to all not attending.

...and I, for one, will miss you terribly Rhu!

I'll be thinking of you every time I roll those multi-sided bones, my friend. Good luck with the offspring (I have one in college, and one just geting his driver's license).

XXOOCC

13. deogolf

deogolf Chevalier

Geez, that would explain why I didn't see you on Thurs. or Fri.! Guess I should check the boards a little more often. Missed ya, bud!

I won't rub it in too much, but you're missing a whole lot fun!! :p

Hope to see you next year!

14. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

:lol:

Chris, many thanks for your words. As always, I would love to play LA . . especially if you were the LM. We did play together back at LGGC III, but I've always wanted to play in your game. My next goal, then.

Enjoy the game . . . enjoy the CON.

Looking forward to EE releases!!

Best,

Rhu. :)

15. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Hey good buddy!

I sure know that you and everyone else there is having a blast and I'm glad.

Just got home from work . . so instead of spending loads of cash, I'm making it!!! Heh, to send to Eastern Illinois U (uhhh, yeah Sean Payton went there!!! :lol: )

Enjoy my friend and hope to see ya soon!!

:cool: