Shadowrun Missions (Season 1 - SR4A rules)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Totan, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

The books are available in PDF form. The most germane would be the core rule book, Shadowrun, 20th Anniversary (which is a mild revision of 4th edition). If you want to keep expenses contained, look for a cheap 4th ed. book.

I've been working on a rule summary / index that might condense the rules to a couple pages, which I will post ASAP along with the Pre-Gens. I will have the summary available at the Con so that I and all the players can use it to make us all more competent and efficient.

2. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

'Runner is coming along, though I may make some tweaks.

Q: I'm clear on not having a Fixer, but is it mandatory to start with two Contacts?
    I know, too, that (to paraphrase the book), you don't wanna find yourself out on the streets with no friends, but Contacts are more "influential" people you know, for lack of a better term. Of greater benefit with certain resources, info, other contacts, etc. But is it unthinkable to, say, go with only one initially? Or would that be ill-advised?

3. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

I'm not aware of a rule making you start with two contacts, but I could have missed something. Contacts can be like getting a bunch of "free" knowledge skills. Contacts are of course anyone that might be somehow connected to confidential information or have other useful talents or abilities. Cops, city workers, big corp employees, street level (common) criminals & gangers, etc. are all typical and useful contacts. Something similar to a fixer that is not a fixer would be a pawn broker or fence - they just aren't hooked into the Shadowrunning scene.

4. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

Okee-doke, thanks.

5. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Links to 12 stock pre-gen characters posted in top post.

6. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Added a Character Tower to top post, for if you want to make it easy for the other players and the GM to see who you are playing and who you are:

Still working on the rules summary and index - hopefully Sunday...

7. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Added the Rule Summary and Index as well as Spirit and Sprite pages that some may find useful to the top post.

8. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I'm bringing the cheat sheets from the Runner's Toolkit. Since I've only played SR once, I think I'll need them if I play anything more complicated than a guy who points and shoots. :p

9. storycrafter

storycrafter Level 0 Character

Any recommendations on class? Totally new to ShadowRun, so I'm coming from 0. I was leaning towards eco-shaman or combat mage -- I'm going to just run one of the pre-canneds. What is everyone else running?

10. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

My advice is - play whatever interests you. With events like this, most of the time groups end up fairly balanced, because people have diverse interests and appeals. When the group is not balanced (which is one aspect of a living campaign) it is the GMs job to adjust and compensate - the group should not be penalized for being lopsided, because they can't be expected to coordinate in advance.

11. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

New addition to top post:
    Character Calendar - used to track your Missions and to calculate and subtract your living expenses.

Basically every 4 weeks you have to subtract a month's "Lifestyle" expenses from your current stash of currency. This is also used to keep track of healing / down time, some training, and the waiting time for hard to get items. You decide if you will work while you wait for items or pay for a bunch of living expenses and get back in the Action with your new toy(s).

12. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

13. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Work will prevent me from attending 2013.