Living Adventure Campaign

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sir jon, Apr 5, 2012.

1. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Sooo... when can we get some info on the Living game and what we should expect in the future? I think Harold ran a great game and our group was a blast to be a part of, so I'd like to see some updates soon (says the impatient, voice-impaired Swede from CT).

2. tron

tron Level 0 Character

Re: Living GaryCon

Good to hear from you Sir Jon...

I'm also eagerly awaiting info on the Living Adventure game!

Harold's game was great and I'm really looking forward to future sessions!! I don't think I'll be investigating "mysterious noises" outside the inn next year though. :lol: There was some discussion of XP at the Con and I'm interested to see how that works out as well.

Any word on the second group? Did they finish up the adventure?

3. francisca

francisca Troubadour

YEAH!

WHEN WE GONNA GET MORE LIVING ADVENTURE STUFF????!!?!?!

oh...wait....I did that wrong....

4. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I agree, I thought Harold did a great job. I'd definitely get in on a game he ran again.

I heard tell that the other group did continue and conclude much like ours did, though not in the same way we ended... Where's the Prolific Void to answer this question?

5. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

Well, here's what I know (and too bad you didn't go with, "Where's the Donal to answer this question"):
    Our group didn't finish during the initial slot that evening, but had verbally agreed to meet again the following evening to continue/conclude.
    I, however, totally screwed up my part of that, as, moments before that second session was to begin, Chris (Donal) reminded me....and by then I'd already managed to space it and was literally headed to another thing. So....I hope all went well....

6. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

:eek:
    Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please tell me more, it sounds epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic!!!

7. Lestyan

Lestyan Guest

So has anyone heard whether there will be a Living GaryCon event at this year's con? I hope so because I had a great time last year.

8. Donal

Donal Administrator

Sorry for the delay. I'm very excited to see their is still interest in this event!

There will be a Living Adventure at Gary Con this year. I'm working on the details as we speak to roll out 2-3 new adventures (to add the 2 we already have). We will have these events listed in the event catalog before registration begins on January 27th.

For those not familiar with the event, the Living Adventure is an AD&D 1st Edition "Living City" style event that debuted last year at Gary Con (in a limited play test). Players create their own characters (by actually rolling dice!), which they will keep from adventure to adventure (year to year, convention to convention), and which will gain experience points and magical items along the way.

We're still working on the campaign documents and hope to have a few more handouts available this year (and eventually, for download).

9. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Hmm, I too would be interested in this assuming I can fit it into my schedule. ;)

10. Lestyan

Lestyan Guest

Donal, do you have any idea about the likely days and times for the living adventure events? I'm trying to plot out the events that I'd like to participate in, and it would help to have an idea about potential conflicts. Thanks.

11. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Eager to play again, this time with a voice that works for me! I still have my cleric waiting for another adventure...

12. Dale

Dale Administrator

I think I'll bribe the DM to kill your character. You guys from CT are the plague upon the known world.

Translation: See ya in less than 2 months buddy. :D

13. Raic

Raic Level 0 Character

This is great to hear as I just finished scouring the event catalog for the Living Adventure and was bummed when I did not see it listed. I played in it last year and had a blast. I still have my character that I rolled up and cannot wait to run him again. Woot!!!

14. Donal

Donal Administrator

I'm still working on these events... but they should be listed sometime tomorrow. We'll be running this event Thursday, Friday and Saturday, so hopefully, everyone interested can fit it into their schedule.

15. PBurke

PBurke Level 0 Character

Harold is awesome, and my group was awesome! I’m hoping we can get as many of the members of our original group back together as possible.

Here’s a pic of our session last year that someone kindly posted on flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonaz/7018422483/

[​IMG]

-- Paul from Detroit

16. Donal

Donal Administrator

Wow, lots of positive comments on Harold's group! Sounds like I'll have to insist he run even more slots this year.

You know, there was another table... the DM looked surprisingly a lot like me. Any players from that table care to weigh in on their experience? I'm starting to feel inadequate... :(

17. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

Although I missed the second session, you did an outstanding job in that first one - lots of fun!

18. PBurke

PBurke Level 0 Character

Here's who was in my group -- I just found the list when I dug out my character sheet today:

Paul B. (myself), Clarence, 1st level human cleric;
    Jeff, 2nd level elf thief;
    Stan Pardo, Eusebius, 2nd level human illusionist and his companion Wolf, the wonder dog;
    Jon Johnson, Moromir the Couth, 2nd level cleric of Tritherion;
    Dennis Johnson, Murgen, 2nd level ranger;
    and Patrick Baumgard, Dallik the Grey, 2nd level dwarf fighter.

I see the Living Adventure campaign is scheduled for 3 session over days, and I'd like to get as many of the old band together as possible. If any of you are reading this, has anyone already picked a day? Is any session a no-go? I'm open to being available any day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE: Looks like most of the old group will be at the Friday session .... :D

19. Lestyan

Lestyan Guest

Paul,

This is Stan. I am registered for the Thursday Living Adventure session. Unfortunately, the other two conflicted with events that I really wanted to play in, so it looks like Thursday will be it for me. Right now there are only three registered, and I'm hoping that some more of the group from last year are able to do the Thursday session.

20. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

We are a plague. And us Johnsons are the worst. We should throw some dice, not just some beers back, this year.