[ENnies] 2012 Call for Booth Volunteers!

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by reveal, Mar 8, 2012.

1. reveal

reveal Chevalier

We need you!

What for?

We need volunteers for the ENnies booth at Gen Con this year. I know it’s really early to think about Gen Con, but we want to give people plenty of time to work out their schedule between now and event registration in May.

How long will it take?

Each shift is two hours and we like to have two people at the booth for each shift. When scheduling your time, please plan to show up 10 minutes before your shift starts.

What do I have to do?

You’ll answer questions from passers-by about the ENnies. Information about when the ceremony is, who the judges are, who the nominees are, how the winners are chosen, etc. will be sent out before Gen Con and will be available in a book at the booth.

If publishers want to drop off materials for next year’s ENnies, you’ll have them fill out a form and give them a receipt.

You also have to make sure nothing is taken from the booth, especially on Saturday and Sunday, after the ENnie winners are announced Friday night.

What’s in it for me?

If the good feeling you’ll get knowing you’ve helped fellow gamers isn’t enough, we’ve got swag bags for all volunteers.

Where do I sign up?

Right here! Just respond to this post to let us know which shift you’d like to work. You can also e-mail Sandie Law, the Volunteer Coordinator, at [email protected].

Where can I see the current list of volunteers and the schedule?

Right here! Click this link to view the schedule and the current volunteers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtGCQhHRRCgqdHNKRWV6XzhLNDR4V1NhT3RNel9EZkE

2. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

Perhaps Tony Stark of the DGS could take a shift. I might be able to convince Silias to lend me a hand.
    [​IMG]

3. Dale

Dale Administrator

^^^ Like it!! :D

4. reveal

reveal Chevalier

We're still looking for volunteers if you're interested!

Tony Law
    ENnie Awards Business Manager

5. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Scores-of-Copies-Selling Author Hans Cummings will be manning the booth during the last shift on Saturday. Thus far, he will be there by himself. This is YOUR chance to work with a honest-to-goodness celebrity-in-the-making.

Or, you know, just come and keep me company. Working the booth alone gets so lonely....

6. reveal

reveal Chevalier

We still need volunteers! :D

7. Dale

Dale Administrator

Sadly, I will not be going to GenCon as planned. Life has pushed me happily in another direction.

Next year sounds about right.

8. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

In case anyone was planning to stop by to harass me on Saturday, my shift has change. I now have the noon-two shift so I can attend one of Mike Stackpole's workshops...or in case anyone was planning to sign up to work the booth with me.

9. reveal

reveal Chevalier

We're still looking for volunteers! :)

10. reveal

reveal Chevalier

We're still looking for volunteers! Most specifically, we need at least one person for the Thursday 4-6 spot and another for Saturday 2-4. :)