GaryCon V

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by otto von grunwald, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

The target is 14-17 March 2013. Chris is working hard to ensure that all of the details are locked in and iron clad before we sign the dotted line. So thus date is very, very likely but not 100% guarenteed :ugeek:

Luke

2. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Sounds like a week earlier than normal - or at least than this year? Cool. Less time to wait. Also, still at the Lodge, right?

3. francisca

francisca Troubadour

That will probably knock the wife and kids out from attending next year.

4. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

Zounds. That's my wedding anniversary. This might require a LOT of finesse.

5. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Lucky her! GaryCon for her anniversary. ;)

@francisca: Man, that's tough. I guess the following week had lined up with spring break in prior years?

6. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Yeah, the oldest is going to be CRUSHED he doesn't get to go and run another game.

7. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

14th through the 17th???? Ohhhh you just want us all to miss St. Paddy's Day, don't you! (Or celebrate in LG like we did a few years back, eh?)

8. bighara

bighara Chevalier

Yeah, that's two weeks before our school district's spring break. That might shoot down the wife coming, let alone the kids. She's been to the last two with me. :(

9. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Well, bloodymage is going to continue his insane participation in this hobby of ours. First up will be an AD&D romp, "Shoiman's March," an adventure for evil characters. Next is "Waste Hanoi Hattie," and Advanced RECON scenario I'm frantically working on. Also is "The Sullivan Affair," A CoC entry and lastly, the pièce de résistance, "Cattle Drive to Hell," An A&8s adventure that will segue into CoC madness!

:twisted:

10. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

If I get to attend GCV, can I run some classes on game design and how to read games like texts? You know, one for the kids and one for the adults.

11. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Soooooo, it's been two months since anyone asked...."Can we register yet?'

12. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

I recently found out that RinCon is back in Tucson, so that's ramped up my preparation. I'm ready for it. Wish I was ready for life. :roll:

13. sheriffharry

sheriffharry Level 0 Character

Hello all! (first post),

Technical question here: I don't want to rent a car for GaryCon, what would be the easiest (if not cheapest...) way to get to the convention/Lake Geneva from Milwaukee's airport (MKE)? is a taxi ride possible??

sheriffharry
    Canada

14. smokin

smokin Chevalier

The absolute cheapest way would be to find someone on these forums that is driving in from that direction and could give you a lift on their way through. Sharing a pool with some other flyers would be the next best. You could prossibly call the convention at the last minute and someone may muster up the ride for you, but I wouldn't count on it.

15. bighara

bighara Chevalier

Are the room blocks ready yet? :D

16. sheriffharry

Thanks for the info. How much (approx.) would a taxi ride from Milwaukee airport be ???

17. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

This service guestimates ~$165 each way, including 15% tip, for the hour-long ride. Ouch!

If I didn't want to rent a car and couldn't ride with a friend, I would try arrange flights around the shuttle that Gary Con and the Lodge provide. I think it was $15 each way? I can't remember the exact times, but I don't remember them being unreasonable.

18. sheriffharry

OK I'll be watching for the shuttle infos. Thanks a lot everybody!

19. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

So has a date been finalized (and updated on the webpage) without being announced here?

20. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Yeah, I saw it listed in the upper right hand corner too. Hmm...