Going to Gen Con?

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by tavis, Jul 20, 2012.

1. tavis

tavis Footpad

I'll be at that other convention that sadly isn't being held in Lake Geneva any more, and would love to see some Gary Con friends there! I'll be running an open table mini-campaign of Adventurer Conqueror King at the Embassy Suites lobby each evening after the exhibit hall closes on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, hopefully making it to the Dead Games Society cocktail party, hanging out at the Old-School Renaissance Group booth #1359, and doing some panels. Let me know if you'll be there and we can hook up!

2. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

We'll be there. I'll try to track you down. You bringing the kid, or is that only safe at smaller less commercial Cons :)

3. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I'll be at Gen Con. A lot of my time will be taken up with ENnies stuff, but I do have a little play time scheduled.

4. francisca

francisca Troubadour

I'm up in the air at this point.

5. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I will be there once more. I have a panel to be on Friday and the worship service on Sunday but I'm hoping to find some free time. Would really love an opportunity to play ACK, Tavis.

6. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I tried but it's just not going to happen. Some of the CT contingent should be there, though.

7. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Well, it looks like I am going to Gen Con this year after all. So hopefully I will see some of the Gary Con faithful there as well. I would like to get in some AD&D, perhaps some C&C, AS&SoH and a few board games too. Of course I have not pre-registered for anything. Always seems like there is so much to do and so many people to catch up with that I sometimes forget to play!

8. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I feel the same way. I loaded up with some generic tickets but am also bringing a few of my own "down & dirty" D&D adventures in case I'm able to run a pick up game.

9. osarious

osarious Chevalier

I will be at GenCon. I will be working the auction most of the time.....

10. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

I'll be there this year, running Mutant Future, hanging out with the DGS folks, lurking around the OSR booth, and generally playing in any pick-up Ye Olde D&D games I stumble across.

11. tavis

tavis Footpad

He's excited to go to Gen Con, but a visit with his cousins is interfering this year.

Glad so many of us grown-ups will be there though! My cell is (917) 749-6938 to facilitate hooking up.

12. francisca

francisca Troubadour

I'm IN.

13. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

WOOOHOOO! Hope to see you there!

14. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Great news! I may have to sneal into that AD&D game after all! See you soon Rich.

15. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

Re: Going to Gen Con? (Nope)

May everyone have ridiculous amounts of fun - I will once more be maintaining my unbroken streak of non-attendance, much to my chagrin. One of these years, though...one of these years.

Got my reservation at the now-named Geneva Ridge Resort for GC5, though, and while I may be coming in from Seattle as opposed to Wichita next time (job went ethereal here & I couldn't seem to master the spell to join it in that other plane), if I do end up in the PacNW that should at least allow me to get to another con or so during the course of a year, I'd think.
    (I hear they have just a couple of 'em or so up that way)
    Sound like you've got some fun stuff lined up for Indy, though - sorry to miss out.
    I'd say it's tradition (which technically I 'spose it is) but some traditions just kinda suck, ya know? :cry:
    But you kids enjoy - and I expect to read all about it here in a couple weeks.

16. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Awesome!

It will be at the same place we played Divine Right last year.