First time going to GaryCon - get I get some advice?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kolyana, Aug 29, 2012.

1. kolyana

kolyana Level 0 Character

Next year will be my first time to GaryCon, so let's just assume that I know *NOTHING* (which is pretty much true =D)

I am planning on running a stall (not booked yet) and have a business partner, so we should have someone available to cover the stall while being able to go off, mingle, make nuisances of ourselves, play games etc.

I plan on being there for all 4 days, fly in day before, fly our day after (plus I'll plan for a day of rest once it's all done).

Question:
    Should I book my lodge room *NOW* or wait for the earlybird/registration process mentioned on this website? It mentions a good rate, an early bird special, and a discount for stall holders, but I have none of these things yet, and I'm a tad concerned about the hotel filling up while I wait. Thoughts?

2. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

I can summarize my thoughts in four distinct words:

BOOK YOUR ROOM NOW

The Lodge was filled this year. And attendance records are expected to be broken for yet another year, meaning more folks are going to be booking their rooms earlier and earlier. Heck, I had my room booked the day after the announcement was made. I'll bet cash money half of the rooms are gone right now.

Snoozin' = losin'.

3. Icetower

Icetower Level 0 Character

It will be my first time as well, I booked my room today. They told me I could cancel up until 72 hours before the reservation, so I booked just in case, I'll figure out how to get to the Con after, I got a few months ;). Rooms are always first to go from my Con experience. Book while ya can!
    Under $400 for the whole Con, beats the $toomuch I just spent on my room for GenCon.

4. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Definitely book your room sooner rather than later. I think 2 people can easily operate your booth, assuming you decide to do that. The dealer are is 9-5 and that leaves you plenty of mingle and game time.