The DGS Events for Gary Con V

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by red wizard, Oct 20, 2012.

1. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

So as we get ever closer to the eagerly awaited Gary ConV, I thought I would start the thread detailing the events which shall be ran by the DGS. If you are planning to run an out-of-print game or game edition no longer supported on behalf of the DGS, feel free to post your events here so we can all see what the DGS will have to offer this March. :)

I'll begin...

Event Title: * Five Deadly Masters
    Game System: * 1st Edition Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, using the Oriental Adventures setting
    Start Time: * Thursday at 8AM
    Duration: * 4 Hours
    Maximum Players: 5 Players

Description:

"Stolen from the Temple of Heaven by six dragons, the legendary sword of Jun Li lies now high atop Wu Xing Mountain, within the Jade Tower. Seeking to retrieve the blade, five deadly masters have ascended Wu Xing Mountain and at last stand before the gates of the Jade Tower. But will even their combined wushu prowess prove strong enough to wrest the sword from the tower's new master?"

Event Title: * Five Deadly Masters
    Game System: * 1st Edition Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, using the Oriental Adventures setting
    Start Time: * Thursday at 2PM

Description:

"Stolen from the Temple of Heaven by six dragons, the legendary sword of Jun Li lies now high atop Wu Xing Mountain, within the Jade Tower. Seeking to retrieve the blade, five deadly masters have ascended Wu Xing Mountain and at last stand before the gates of the Jade Tower. But will even their combined wushu prowess prove strong enough to wrest the sword from the tower's new master?"

Event Title: * Blood On the Tin
    Game System: * Boot Hill, 3rd Edition
    Start Time: * Friday at 10AM
    Duration: * 3 Hours

Description:

"In Lincoln County, New Mexico, long simmering tensions explode into a bloody war when gunmen murder the English rancher John Tunstall. Now a group of avenging gunmen loyal to Tunstall must seek the only justice found in the West, the justice that comes from the barrel of a gun!"

Event Title: * The Real McCoy
    Game System: * Gangbusters
    Start Time: * Friday at 2PM

Description:

"Listen buddy, don't believe the baloney; a lot of bad hooch gets slung in the juice joints. But the big cheese is expecting a shipment of the good stuff tonight, it's the bee's knees. So we wants you and yer crew down at the docks to make the pickup. Don't get pinched and don't take no wooden nickels, bring back the real McCoy!"

Event Title: * Legends of Futures Past
    Game System: * TSR's Advanced Marvel Super Heroes Roleplay
    Start Time: * Saturday at 10AM
    Maximum Players: 6 Players

Description:

"Hello true-believers, welcome to the not-so-distant future. Project: Wide-Awake has resulted in a very frightening 21st century where Sentinels rule the United States, and mutants are confined to internment camps. The Sentinels now prepare to unleash a terrible weapon by which they shall bring "order" to the rest of humanity. Luckily there are still a few heroes left to save the world. And they are legends!"

This DGS event will feature Nightmares of Futures Past by Steve Winter.

Event Title: * The Case of the Twisted Gentleman
    Game System: *Call of Cthulhu, 5th Edition
    Start Time: * Saturday at 4PM
    Maximum Players: 4 Players

Description:

"Fear stalks the streets of London's East End. One after another, ladies of the night are being found butchered and mutilated within the impoverished Whitechapel District. Londoners live in dread, Scotland Yard is at an impasse, and the "Ripper" continues to stalk the darkened back-alleys. A call now goes out begging the world's greatest sleuths for an end to these ghastly murders!

This DGS event will feature the fifth edition of Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu, using material from Pagan Publishing's, The Golden Dawn.

2. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I'm running two events for DGS, both Paranoia (the same scenario twice, since Paranoia seems to be popular).

DGS Presents - Paranoia: Clones in SPAAAAACE!
    Start Time: Friday, 10AM
    Duration: 3.5 hours
    System: Paranoia, 2nd Edition
    Max Players: 6
    Greetings Troubleshooters! Your friend, the Computer, has selected you for a groundbreaking mission to establish the First Alpha Complex Lunar Annex! The Computer personally guarantees that all of the equipment and vehicles you will be using are absolutely, 100% safe and will not ever fail, subjecting you to a horrifying death in the cold vacuum of the void known as "The Outer Space." Furthermore, the Computer is certain there will be no sabotage by Commie Mutant Traitors. Anyone who says otherwise is a filthy, lying liar who lies. Lying is treason. Treason is punishable by summary execution. Remember: Happiness is Mandatory!

DGS Presents - Paranoia: Clones in SPAAAAACE!
    Start Time: Friday, 6PM
    Duration: 3.5 hours
    System: Paranoia, 2nd Edition
    Max Players: 6
    Greetings Troubleshooters! Your friend, the Computer, has selected you for a groundbreaking mission to establish the First Alpha Complex Lunar Annex! The Computer personally guarantees that all of the equipment and vehicles you will be using are absolutely, 100% safe and will not ever fail, subjecting you to a horrifying death in the cold vacuum of the void known as "The Outer Space." Furthermore, the Computer is certain there will be no sabotage by Commie Mutant Traitors. Anyone who says otherwise is a filthy, lying liar who lies. Lying is treason. Treason is punishable by summary execution. Remember: Happiness is Mandatory!

I will also be running a session of Hollow Earth Expedition, but that's not a dead game, so I won't include it here.

3. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

I'm running several games for the Labyrinth Lord Society this year, but I'd be remiss if I didn't add at least one classic game to the Dead Games Society schedule! Here's my contribution:

DGS Presents: Arbor Day
    Chill - 1st edition
    THURS 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
    Horrific axe murders committed in Oregon’s Tillamook State Forest appear similar to those committed by the legendary "Paul Bunyon Killer" 80 years earlier. SAVE envoys have been sent to investigate. Has the death-dealing lumberjack returned from the grave?

4. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

A post by Geekpreacher related to adventures set in the Nine Hells (located over on the RPG discussions thread) made me start thinking about running something in that vein. And so I've started writing up one:)

Event description:

It is a dark time for the kingdom of Furyondy. The king goes missing while the Horned Society marches. Yet upon the eve of battle, the goddess Istus delivers a prophecy unto six stalwarts...

"Grasp you now my tangled skein and deliver you might your unfortunate king. Behind the Iron Tower's gate, three now stand in lee of fate. The First, a king with scepter lost; the other unbent, his brow showing frost. The third is master, though chained to a ring; the second the key to set the Fourth free."

5. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Sometimes I wonder if I should make my Cyberpunk 2020 events join the DGS. Hmmm...

6. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

We'd love to have you do so, Sir Jon. I ran Cyberpunk under our banner last year both at both Gary Con IV and Gencon. It was a hard choice not to do so again this year but I can run only so much. ;)

7. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I claim priority seating!!!! ;) And I will NOT play a cleric!!! :evil:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I think this is a really great idea. What version of D&D?

8. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Thanks Preach! It will use 1st edition AD&D and I will be calling the antagonists "devils", not Baatezu!

Though I am using some of the Planescape source material from Faces of Evil, as I like how much of it is written.

Here is the cover of the module.

[​IMG]

9. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

I always enjoy fiddling around with photo editors and word formats, so here are the the covers I am using for some of my events.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. silas

silas Chevalier

Here my events so far ...

DGS Presents: G.I. Combat! Featuring the Haunted Tank
    system: D6 Adventure (WEG)
    time: Friday 2pm

In the bloodiest days of the North African Campaign, the Haunted Tank finds itself separated from the 1st Armored Division and surrounded by German forces. Nevertheless, Sergeant Jeb Stuart and his crew find an opportunity to deliver a crushing blow to the Nazi war machine. A suicide mission? Or a stroke of brilliance?

DGS Presents: Big Trouble in Gotham's Chinatown!
    system: DC Universe (WEG)
    time: Thursday 10am

A sudden outbreak of violence in Gotham City's enigmatic Chinatown has shocked the public. The insular and suspicious inhabitants of this district refuse to cooperate with the police, or even to speak about the atrocities that have become an almost nightly occurrence. Perhaps it is time for the Birds of Prey to assemble once more and investigate …

11. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

As an added bonus, I'll also be running a sneak peak of my own new espionage themed rpg, CHECKPOINT CHARLIE at the DGS Grill'n'Game. If you enjoy gritty spy genre, I hope you'll drop by. :)

[​IMG]

12. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Doesn't appear the DGS will hold a AD&D tournament this year. It's just a bit of a strain considering the events we are already planning to run. But there will be plenty of DGS events to choose from! :D

With the extra time, I now have to choose between running an extra event of Top Secret, Cyberpunk 2012 or Delta Green (Pagan Publishing's 1st edition). Decisions decisions...

13. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I've added another event
    Event Title: DGS Presents: Ghostbusters - Timmy the T-Rex
    Game System: Ghostbusters
    Start Time: Thursday, 6PM
    Duration: 3 hours
    Maximum Players: 6
    Synopsis: The Ghostbusters are back! After sucessfully busting the ghosts at Gen Con, they've returned to their beloved NYC for some routine hauntings. Things will be far from routine, however, when they boys in grey are called in to investigate a disturbance at the American Museum of Natural History. Just how does one bust a 40' long t-rex skeleton?

14. silas

silas Chevalier

OK, my last event is submitted

DGS Presents: At the End of the World
    Game System: BECMI (Companion Rules)
    Day: Saturday 10am?

Prince Edwyn, son of King Ericall of Norwold has vanished! Last seen sailing from the furthest reaches of the kingdom into the vast wasteland of the frozen north, he has been missing for a fortnight. Can your party of seasoned adventurers brave perilous ice floes, vertiginous blizzards, and awesome monsters from the ancient world, in order to save the young prince? Or does the prince himself even wished to be saved? A high-level (Companion Rules) adventure.

15. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

A couple of last minute changes to my submitted events. I dropped the Marvel and CoC events and replaced them with a 1st Ed. Delta Green event and a Top Secret S.I. event. So if you like those systems keep an eye out for Delta Green- The Tunguska Affair and Top Secret- Operation: GOOD NIGHT :)

16. osarious

osarious Chevalier

I have just listed an OD&D Event:

Event Title: *The Lost Caverns of Tsojconth Event - 1976 WinterCon V version
    Game System: * Original Brown/White Box Dungeons and Dragons
    Start Time: * Thursday at Noon
    Duration: * 6 Hours
    Maximum Players: 6 Players

Description: Come and play the second stand-alone published module for Original Dungeons and Dragons: "The Lost Caverns of Tsojconth". Enjoy the original WinterCon V dungeon crawl written by Gary Gygax himself! Go in search of of the legendary treasure hoard of Iggwilv; including several rare and prized tomes, as well as the fabled lamp known as Daoud's Wonderous Lanthorn. Can you locate the treasure? Or will you simply survive?

This will be a stand-alone dungeon and NOT a tournament.

Pre-generated characters will be provided.

P.S. Hopefully we have more survivor's than last year's Tomb of Horrors! :lol:

17. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

I finally got my events submitted. Running Love Boat and KISS-Tastrophe again with Escape from Gilligan's Island, a new CoC d20 adventure. Also I'll be running DGS 1 on 1 adventures during the day.

MoT

18. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Due to a work obligation (going to New York for a month), I have to cancel my event. I will have to be in New York, so no GaryCon for me. :cry: :evil: