Vendor tables?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bighara, Sep 27, 2012.

1. bighara

bighara Chevalier

I had emailed about getting a table at GC5 a few days ago, but haven't heard back yet. What is the normal turnaround time? I know space is limited, so I wanted to know whether we could squeak in or not. :)

2. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Dale will be contacting vendors in the next week to two weeks. Sorry for the delay. Space is tight, so unfortunately we won't be able to accomodate all that wish to have space at GC V. Please make sure to ask to be on the back-up list. We had a few people cancel last year a few weeks before the con.

3. bbarsh

bbarsh Level 0 Character

Pacesetter Games is hoping to get in this year, too! Just jam me in a corner somewhere...thanks for working hard on this. I know it is a tough task considering the balance of space.

4. bighara

bighara Chevalier

umm

*bump*

November now. Just askin' :)

5. tavis

tavis Footpad

Autarch will be interested in having or sharing a table again this year!

6. Melf

Applications were sent to businesses that inquired early in the year. Once they pass their deadline to reserve space, we will send out apps to fill out the remaining table space. It is a challenge to balance being equitable with the perceived needs/desires of attendees given a very finite vendor area. Thanks for the interest and support!

Luke Gygax

7. bighara

bighara Chevalier

okay...?

I guess I was confused. The form on the main site looked like an application to me, so when I sent that in, I had assumed I had "applied."

Sorry to be a pest about it. Whether we're in the vendor hall this year affects a lot of my Garycon-related planning, so I'm eager to resolve this. :)

8. Brave Halfling Publishing

Brave Halfling Publishing Level 0 Character

I too am having trouble getting a booth at Gary Con 2013.

When my many emails were finally answered, I was told someone would get in touch with me. When that did not happen, I was then told that there might be some new spots opening up soon, but that I had better hurry to get them when they come available. But now I am wondering if I will actually be contacted when they are available.

This is all very upsetting to me because I really enjoy Gary Con. Plus, a number of us OSR hobby publisher came in at the last minute last year to keep the presenters room from looking mostly empty after a number of the bigger publishers dropped the con at the last minute. Last year, the room was FILLED with OSR publishers. Luke and Ernie Gygax personally thanked each of us and Luke took down our information and promised us a spot at the next con.

So, what is up?

-John Adams

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

9. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

If demand exceeds supply, maybe it's time to raise the price. ;)

10. Melf

John,

Don't worry yet! I am working the exhibitor space and I am confident that Brave Halfling will be getting an email with an application shortly. If there is any blame it rests squarely on my shoulders and I apologize for the lack of communication and delayed response. It is good to know that there are folks eager to get those applications! Last year there was a debacle when 2 guys (with like 5 tables!) cancelled a few short days before GC IV. I do appreciate the guys that stepped up on short notice.

Luke

11. ghul

ghul Chevalier

I think all halflings, brave or otherwise, should be banned! Nasty hobbitses! :mrgreen:

12. Brave Halfling Publishing

Brave Halfling Publishing Level 0 Character

Thanks, Luke! BHP will be there supporting Gary Con this year too. :)

13. bighara

bighara Chevalier

Quick Q: How do we use our exhibitor credit toward registering?