Anyone looking for a roomie?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by schoolmaster, Sep 19, 2012.

1. schoolmaster

schoolmaster Level 0 Character

Hey all:

While it maybe a bit early to ask, I was wondering if anyone wanted to go halfsies and share the double room I have booked? I'm polite, I'm quiet, and I'm checking in Wednesday and checking out Sunday morning. PM me if you're interested.

2. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Wish you had seen my room sharing post from earlier....i need a halfsie....
    i have a room booked but im gonna be staying weds nite into monday morn

3. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

There was no deposit required to reserve a room and you can cancel a reservation until the day beforehand or something. Canceling to coordinate sharing should be possible.

Regardless, I can see both sides. On the one hand, sharing makes the room cheaper (more souvenirs, beer, etc) and gives you a chance to meet someone new. On the other hand, privacy is nice and there's no risk you will wind up with a knucklehead roomie. I roomed with an unknown at NTRPG Con in 2010 and it worked out fine. Guy turned out to be cool as hell and we are still friends. Before agreeing though, we spoke on the phone: do you live in your mom's basement, are you a stinky slob, are you an psychopath, etc. etc.

4. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

So....you were basically going down the list of (largely and thankfully mythical) gamer stereotypes with one another, is what you're saying.
    :cool:

Though I did actually know a guy within the last few years who would've fit that entire bill, unfortunately. Albeit, "psychopath" was more of a neurosis of pathological lying, and the parents had wised up and kicked him out after even they had reached their limits in regard to his mooching ways.
    Too bad though. Other than all of those - and definitely more so the issues of character and (lack of) hygiene though, he was a pretty good dude.
    :? :shock:

5. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Still looking.......
    Not sure how or where else to post.

6. mark

mark Spellbinder

So, basically you lied when he asked you? :D

7. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Hell yeah! I needed a roomie.

8. mark

mark Spellbinder

Indeed! :D

9. MonsterMike

MonsterMike Level 0 Character

Even when I have the room to myself, there's a very high risk that I have a knucklehead roomie. :D

10. jaylin101

jaylin101 Level 0 Character

I am very interested.
    My number is 217 696 2797.

11. jaylin101

jaylin101 Level 0 Character

Yes I am. 217 696 2797.

12. schoolmaster

jaylin101

I'll give you a call ASAP.

13. schoolmaster

OK, it looks like Jaylin101 is spoken for. Therefore I still have half a room for anyone who wants to save on lodgings and doesn't mind sharing!

PM me if interested.

14. seanpkelley

seanpkelley Level 0 Character

I pm'd you SchoolMaster. I could use a room. :)