So when / how does registration work this year?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sniderman, Jan 23, 2013.

1. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

There seems to be a bit of confusion about when and how registration will begin this year. Somewhere I heard it goes live this Sunday (the 27th) but that doesn't seem right as all we have to review is the preliminary catalog (unless I'm wrong and it's the final version?). As I recall from last year, the final event catalog went live for 3 or 4 days, THEN the registration opened, giving everyone a chance to review the updated event schedule prior to throwing it open. Is that what's happening this year as well?

2. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Right, does event sign-up go live Sunday, January 27 at 2PM? 4PM? That's the info I want to know. Good events will go fast, many times in the first few minutes.

3. Chuck

Chuck Level 0 Character

How many events have there been in the past? It looks like there are around 5 pages of events or so at this point. I am planning on being ready whenever it opens. This preparation means making a grid with event ID numbers and times. I also consider the amount of GP and SP I have available. Any updated information would be great since this is my first time registering for events.

4. mark

mark Spellbinder

5. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Always a stickler for the rules, seeessshh! :p

6. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

7. mark

mark Spellbinder

10-4 to you both. :)

8. Donal

Donal Administrator

The above statements are correct. 4pm EST this Sunday.

Almost all events are currently listed, I'm just working to approve/review a few last minute submissions, which should be completed by tomorrow.

9. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

That's kinda why I asked the initial question. I'd hate for registration to go "live" with the addition of several new events I didn't know about. But if the new stuff is in place 12-24 hours ahead of registration opening, that should give folks enough time to reschedule and replan their anticipated event schedule.

10. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

When you put an event into your cart, is it 'held', or can the event sell out if other people choose it and check out first?

11. mark

mark Spellbinder

Per the Gary Con email I just received -

"Our live Event Registration system kicks off this Sunday! Event registration this year will be a real time system. That means once you register for an event, you are in that event. There is no waiting this year until you arrive at the show to find out what your schedule looks like. If there are tickets still available, then you can sign up immediately for that event, provided you still have sufficient GPs and SPs. Please note that registering for an event means actually checking out from your event shopping cart. Simply adding an event to your shopping cart does not lock your seat in that event."

12. Fuesar

Fuesar Footpad

If you're a wizard and you've memorized the 3rd level spell "Hold Event" that works too.

13. ThrashLibrarian

ThrashLibrarian Level 0 Character

Is it recommended/possible that you "Check Out" early and often to lock in events? Is is your registration ability lost once you check out? I'd hate to get my cart full only to find out a bunch of games were already full because of people with faster clicking fingers.

I have a few priority events, and am happy to fill in the gaps afterward, but i'm curious if anyone has any opinions on the best methods? Thanks.

14. crunchy

crunchy Level 0 Character

If I remember correctly from last year, once you check out you may need to wait a bit before being able to get back to your cart screen. So you may want to sign up for several events and then check out rather than try to sign up and check out for each individual event.

15. LastFighter

LastFighter Level 0 Character

Is the event registration time 4pm EST ? I am trying over here on the west coast and it still says closed ? Anyone manage to sign up ?

16. francisca

francisca Troubadour

POORLY!

HA HA!!!

Sorry Donal..... ;-)

17. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Ditto: I'm still getting "Event Registration is currently closed. Event Registration will start on January 27, 2013, please check back then."

?

18. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

The Trouble in Vikland is that I can't register for it...

19. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Level 0 Character

Heh, Grodog, I'm trying to sign up for one of your sessions, and am likewise defeated. :p

20. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Apparently what goes around, comes around ;)