grodog's 2013 events

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by grodog, Dec 24, 2012.

1. grodog

grodog Troubadour

I finally got my act together and submitted my events yesterday:

Thursday:
    Aliens: The Reactor (Event ID: 116201) on Day: Thursday Start Time:
    4:00pm Duration: 2 hours

Friday:
    Aliens: The Reactor (Event ID: 210201) on Day: Friday Start Time:
    10:00am Duration: 2 hours
    grodog's Castle Greyhawk (Event ID: 218693) on Day: Friday Start
    Time: 6:00pm Duration: 6 hours

Saturday:
    Aliens: Hunt the Queen (Event ID: 310201) on Day: Saturday Start
    Time: 10:00am Duration: 2 hours
    grodog's Castle Greyhawk (Event ID: 320603) on Day: Saturday Start
    Time: 8:00pm Duration: 6 hours

Sunday:
    Aliens: Rescue Newt (Event ID: 410458) on Day: Sunday Start Time:
    10:00am Duration: 4 hours

My Castle Greyhawk events will be for higher-level PCs (10-14; pregens provided; players will select from various dungeon level options available to explore) and the Aliens events will be geared for beginner players (but that doesn't mean that they won't be deadly!).

2. welleran

welleran Footpad

Looking forward to both Aliens and Greyhawk, Allan!

3. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Cool, man. New Castle Greyhawk areas to go with those higher-level PCs?

4. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Thanks, Keith :D

Definitely, Donovan: I'm working up more of the Halls of the Iron Golems, among others ;)

5. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Nice and deadly - high stakes always pique my interest. :cool:

6. grodog

grodog Troubadour

In a burst of inspiration over the weekend, I've revised my event description, and hopefully Chris and Luke will be able to change it before registration beings: "Explore grodog's version of Castle Greyhawk in a race against time: to hide a hideous relic of evil, you must locate Heward's Mystical Organ in the Halls of the Iron Golems, and invoke its magic to travel to the Leaden Cathedral. There you can entomb the artifact forever, but must then speed to and pass through the Forgetting Door to prevent the forces of evil from learning its final resting place in Castle Greyhawk's most deadly vault. The powers of the lower planes are already marshalling to locate and stop your band of heroes. If you succeed in your mission, you will return to the surface never knowing that it happened! Bring your graph paper, dice, and a healthy dose of paranoid courage! 10th-14th level pregen PCs will be provided." =)

7. mlpeel

mlpeel Level 0 Character

You're killing me, Allan! I'm already going crazy trying to decide some of these time slots before registration, and now you go and make it harder!

8. welleran

welleran Footpad

I'm defintely shooting for a session, Allan!

9. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Hey. Have you given any thought to bringing stats for Predators and introducing them as another possible scenario to your game? Seems to me that they gotta be out there somewhere.

10. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Perhaps uncoincidentally, I have a bunch of predator minis as well as some terminators, too, Jim....

11. dramaman

dramaman Level 0 Character

Hey, Grodog. Dramaman, here from KC. Sadly by the time I registered your castle greyhawk was filled, but I did manage to sign up for one of your aliens games. Looking forward to it.

12. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Same here. The only one Greyhawk game I was gonna be able to jump in filled up quick. Your just gonna have to run a late night pickup......

13. dramaman

dramaman Level 0 Character

Smokin, I think we just need to kidnap Grodog and hold him until he runs the game for us. :D

14. grodog

grodog Troubadour

I'm not sure how much time I'll have for late-night off-grid games, but I'm open. I'm also staying through Monday, so Sunday night is definitely an option :D

15. grodog

grodog Troubadour

francisca and his family won't be attending GaryCon this year, unfortunately. They were registered for the following events of mine:

- Aliens: The Reactor (3 slots): event # 210201 on Friday @ 10:00am for 2 hours
    - grodog's Castle Greyhawk (3 slots): event # 320603 on Saturday @ 8:00pm for 6 hours

Some of you had contacted me about trying to get into my closed out events, so this is definitely an opportunity to do so. Since events registration is closed, I imagine that you'll be able to register for events on-site, but I don't the details or process for that....

16. bbarsh

bbarsh Level 0 Character

Damn it. I probably will not arrive until around noon or 1 p.m. Friday. I would love to get in on that Aliens event! If you have not seen it, Allan's board is absolutely awesome and nothing by rave revues for his game.

17. tellion

tellion Footpad

Indeed. Last year I experienced Allan's board and enjoyed it so much I signed up again for another go this year. Look's like another bug hunt!

18. mark

mark Spellbinder