Geneva Ridge Restaurant Menu Wish List

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mark, Jan 27, 2013.

1. mark

mark Spellbinder

Will the restaurant be serving full breakfasts, lunches, and dinners this year?

2. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Re: Gary Con Lodge Restaurant

I certainly hope so. It's the first year my wife and I are actually staying at the Lodge and when I need food badly, I don't want to get in the car. FOOD. NEED. FOOOOOOD.

3. Donal

Donal Administrator

Re: Gary Con Lodge Restaurant

Like last year, the restaurant will be open, however, with limited seating, as much of the restaurant will be our open gaming area. We're still working on a final menu... perhaps this thread should become your wish list of items you'd like to see?

4. dlawson74

dlawson74 Level 0 Character

I have a suggestion for the food that is sold downstairs. GaryCon always falls during Lent, but downstairs for lunch the only offerings are burgers, hotdogs, and ham or turkey sandwiches. It would be nice if there were something like tuna or egg salad sandwiches offered as well for those of us not allowed to eat (non-seafood) meat on Friday.

5. CKDad

CKDad Level 0 Character

Some sort of salad options would be nice, even if it's just some kind of garden and Ceasar. Some vegetable side options for the entrees, perhaps?

6. extsr

extsr Chevalier

7. bighara

bighara Chevalier

My 2ยข

Fruits and vegetables are nice (salads, cup o' carrot sticks, etc.). What can I say? My cardiologist is a very intimidating guy!

Relatively simple sandwiches like a turkey on wheat that isn't slathered in mayo, etc. (Maybe the condiments on the side?)

Coffee and tea at the beverage counter is nice for those of us that like caffeine but not corn syrup. :D

Breakfast options would be great. I love Egg Harbor, but it means driving into town first thing in the AM.

8. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I'll join the call for some healthy options. It's hard enough to not fill myself full of plastic food and syrups when I'm not at home, so it would be good to see some semi-healthy options. I don't need to feel lethargic after grabbing a bite.

9. robertiv

robertiv Level 0 Character

Didn't attend last year but a friend sent me a photo of the menu - it hit the stereotype of gamer junk food for sure. Would be nice to see some healthier fare and maybe a vegetarian option that wasn't fried mozzarella sticks (not that they aren't delicious).

10. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Stuff I'd love to see on the menus, in addition to Real Food (sit-down meal options):

- a nice variety of deli/sandwich selections: ham, roast beef, hoagies, cheesesteaks, etc., with cheese, mayo, an other condiments, on white/wheat/italian/etc.; perhaps we can have Subway or some other local outfit deliver a bunch of pre-made sandwiches?
    - mini pizzas or pizza by the slice
    - burgers (hamburgers, cheese burgers, veggie burgers) and hotdogs
    - a variety of drink options: water, soda, juices, teas, milk, etc.
    - fruits and vegetables: apples, oranges, bananas, carrots, snap peas, green beans, broccoli, etc.
    - baked goods: muffins, cookies, brownies, Tastykakes

Some of which were on last year's menu IIRC?

11. scorcha

scorcha Level 0 Character

Another yes to some healthier options (although I will not object to the occasional brownie).

Downstairs: Maybe hummus/carrots/pita chips or tortilla chips/salsa snack pack type thing? Something easy to munch on while gaming. Also, wraps might be a good break from sandwiches.

Restaurant: Grilled chicken (maybe with pasta), salada, and fish would be great. Maybe some of the sandwiches from their lunch menu could be available for dinner.

12. mark

mark Spellbinder

Who are you people? It's like I don't even know you anymore . . . ;) :D

13. bighara

bighara Chevalier

We're people who can actually say things like "My cardiologist told me to ____." :D

I wanna be gaming in the nursing home someday with large print d20s.

(To be fair, at my last EKG, they said I had the heart of a 10-yo. I almost said "Yes, it's in a box in my basement." but actually went with "It's my love of playing make-believe with little painted elves and dragons!")

14. ThrashLibrarian

ThrashLibrarian Level 0 Character

Just stopping by to add a "+1" or "like" to any post related to adding more vegetarian options.

15. Donal

Donal Administrator

Seems like a lot of requests for healthier options.

So, it begs the question, are the healthier folk the majority (in which case we should listen), or just a very vocal minority (in which case they should be ignored ;) ).

16. mark

mark Spellbinder

Maybe collect ideas and send an email to all pre-registered attendees. :)

17. lige

lige Level 0 Character

I'd really like to see some sort of breakfast beyond coffee and doughnuts.

18. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

19. MonsterMike

MonsterMike Level 0 Character

I don't know whether the "healthier options" people are the vocal minority or not, but add me to them. I'd much rather have a Caesar salad than one of those burgers. In my convention notes from last year, I wrote, "Great convention, great games, great people, great venue, but decent food is 5 miles away."

If you wanted to get input from registrants quickly, you could consider using zoomerang or surveymonkey.

20. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

I'd prefer a mix of foods on site, with some healthier options. I'm planning on parking my car Thursday morning and not leaving the building until Sunday afternoon. I can't eat gut-bomb food for 4 straight days.