Gloat/Cry

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mordrin, Jan 27, 2013.

1. silas

silas Chevalier

Well this year I have registered for (so far):

Blood On the Tin (Boot Hill)
    Arbor Day (Chill)
    Operation Good Night (Top Secret S.I.)

I really wanted to get into Hollow Earth Expedition, but I am running a game during that slot.

I also wanted to do all 3 of the Ravenloft adventures, but I am running a game during the 2nd, and I figured that would disrupt the storyline, etc.

I may bring a pickup game for Sunday morning, or try to schedule something

I am currently running:

Big Trouble in Gotham's Chinatown (DC Universe)
    G.I. Combat, featuring the Haunted Tank (D6 Adventure)
    At the End of the World (BECMI)

I am leaving Saturday night late open for a possible horror-themed adventure (CoC, Unbidden, Necroscope, etc.) time-permitting

2. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

Got into everything I wanted to get into, and left open spots for Tower of Gygax walk-ins and late-nite pick-up games too. My Thundarr game sold out in mere seconds, so I might ("might" being the operative word) run a second one on Sunday. (It would be Thundarr the Barbarian: Across the Dimensional Divide that I ran at Gen Con last year.)

3. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Not any more according to the event catalog....

4. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Bummer...I tried to switch my kids and I over to that game but my kids only had 3SP left...ironically, here I had 10 SP left over....

Alas...there are only two tickets left...

5. dramaman

dramaman Level 0 Character

My big disappointment was losing out on the last open spot for Top Secret S.I. I had selected it, but didn't realize how the cart worked and that I needed to submit the cart contents to make it official. By the time I figured it out and submitted my cart somebody else had nabbed the spot. :(

On the plus side, I did manage to get in on a nice variety of classic TSR games (Red Box Basic, AD&D, Gamma World and Boot Hill). I used up all my SP, but have found nothing viable to spend my GP on. It would sure be nice if you could convert GP into SP.

6. CKDad

CKDad Level 0 Character

The C&C tournament I'm coordinating with Gerry Buldak and John Wright is filling up nicely - not bad as we've got six rounds scheduled, and one is smack up against Steve Chenault's game. My Traveller game Sunday seems to have filed in 90 minutes, and my Divine Right game did so sometime this evening.

I didn't leave myself with a ton of time to play this year but I've managed to sneak in a Tower of Gygax session, an AD&D game and the Battle of the Moathouse Chainmail game.

7. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

Looks like I'm the one trembling and weeping. One of my key events has been cancelled and it screwed my picks up considerably. I'm still in a lot of great stuff, but I would have scheduled things much differently had I known about the cancellation. Aargh. That's what I get for gloating. Beware this thread!

8. bighara

bighara Chevalier

Oo! Thundarr.

We'll see what gong on at the vendor hall and whether I can sneak away.

9. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Yeah, I shanked myself pretty good by not getting into much of the Gold events I wanted. Still, I'll live. I'm hoping there may be an available seat for Sunday morning's Early Bird D&D game, was looking forward to getting in on that... Ken? :mrgreen:

Otherwise, pretty pleased.

10. MonsterMike

MonsterMike Level 0 Character

I'm crying rather than gloating.

I was sitting on the site at 3:00 pm waiting for registration to open, like many others. Heavy snow knocked out my satellite internet at 3:20.

By the time I had internet access again, all my "must play" games had been gobbled up. I'll live, and some of my second choices actually look pretty good. But I'm really regretting not getting into Paranoia and Mongoose Traveller.

11. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

Jon, Friday and Sunday filled up fast, but last year I had a no-show or two each game. Swing on by and I'll squeeze you in if I can. :cool:

12. Wow. Stuff got snatched up fast. I wanted to do it last night but I was out celebrating with my wife on her birthday with my granddaughter and then I didn't have time when I got home.

Wanted to play the Thundarr game but that got snatched up too. Wanted to do the Hyperborea game but that didn't happen either, as well the Dungeon Crawl Classics.

Oh well.

13. osarious

osarious Chevalier

At least you get to attend. I'll be in New York. :cry:

14. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

If you didn't get what you wanted, try to hang in there and don't despair. Lots of times I have seen slots open because of no-shows (various reasons) or the DM agreeing to allow one or two more guys in the game. Last year I had to leave early, totally missing all my Saturday events. The year before I gave my Mentzer spot to Aplus because a bunch of us decided to go grab a bite off campus. Plus there are always a ton of pick-up games and those have sometimes been better and more fun than my scheduled games.

15. CKDad

CKDad Level 0 Character

Sorry you didn't manage to get in the Traveller game! Wish I could run another session but I'm going to be pretty booked up. Knowing that there's a lot of demand, though, I'll see about running two games next year.

16. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

My plans got tossed somewhat upside down when one of my primo events was cancelled post-registration, but now I'm starting to get excited about the block of free time in my schedule when I could do some open gaming. I went back and forth on whether to run an event and ultimately decided not to. That was a good idea since early March is going to be brutal at work. But now maybe I'll be able to get something put together in time and, if not, I can jump into something impromptu. Not getting what I wanted could turn into something great. :D

17. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

On Sunday, I shall do so. Friday I think I'm booked. Thanks!