Geneva Resort Sold Out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Melf, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Greetings All,

I hope that everyone had a pleasant holiday with family and friends and that Santa brought you many new games to share with all of us at Gary Con! I wanted to give you an update on the hotel. Rooms are sold out for Friday and Saturday night, but don't despair! The Geneva Ridge Resort (formerly known as the Lodge) has worked out a deal with a nearby hotel, The French Country Inn, to take the overflow at the Gary Con room rate. The French Country Inn is 1 mile from Gary Con and has good reviews on various internet sites. To take advantage of this please call the Geneva Ridge resort and book through them. They will keep a waiting list and automatically book you a room on site if someone else cancels their reservation. If you have any problems, please share them with us on the forum so we can get it fixed.

Luke

2. Face

Face Level 0 Character

I called the Geneva Resort last week and the reservation desk had no clue about being able to book The French Country Inn through them. The best I could do was get on a wait list. Is there someone in particular we should be asking for?

3. silas

silas Chevalier

4. Face

Face Level 0 Character

This is the reason I posted here. Geneva Ridge didn't seem to have a clue and before I step outside of the established procedure I want to make sure I'm not screwing things up.

5. robertiv

robertiv Level 0 Character

I had called the Geneva Ridge Resort right when the sellout was announced, as instructed on the original post. They said they'd take care of communication between the French Country Inn, but that as of that phone call I'd be guaranteed a spot (needed a 2-bed room) and would be bumped up to the GRR if there were any cancellations. After a week of not hearing from anyone I called again & was given reassurances that all was well, etc.

Then today (a couple weeks after the original call) I get a call from the French Country Inn saying that they no longer have any double bedrooms available. I'm guessing the GRR just sat on my info for that duration, while in the meantime others were calling the French Country Inn directly and actually getting their reservations. Can't say I'm too impressed. As we were getting a ride to the event with someone who's staying at the GRR, staying at a further location isn't really an option.

6. Donal

Donal Administrator

Unfortunately, we did not expect as much growth and demand as we have received this year. I believe our arrangement with the FCC via the GRR allowed for 15 of their 33 rooms, which was probably most, if not all, of their doubles. These rooms were assigned to the individuals on the GRR waiting list first.

Next year we will try to arrange for more rooms. I would encourage everyone to make their reservations early next year.

7. Face

Face Level 0 Character

The French Country Inn did call me today. It was unexpected, but I have a room now.

8. dramaman

dramaman Level 0 Character

Just decided to attend Gary Con today and didn't realize the hotel was booked. Wow! Two years ago, I was able to get a room just a few weeks before the con, now to hear that it booked up clear back in December. It's a bummer for me, but a great testament to how much Gary Con is growing. Fortunately I did manage to get a room a few miles away and even save about $80 over three nights. Still, I'll miss having a room onsite. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to hang out in the open games area. :cool:

9. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

The Comfort Inn (or Suites?) on the east side of town near the Wal-mart is a really nice hotel. It's about 5-10 minutes away from the Lodge, so it's not a horrible drive. My wife and I have stayed there the last three years (we're in the Lodge for the first time this year).

10. dramaman

dramaman Level 0 Character

Thanks, I managed to snag a room at the Lake Geneva Motel. It is totally no frills (but does have free wifi) and I don't expect to be spending much time in the room anyway, except to sleep. The price was right. I save $80 over if I had stayed onsite, although I will miss having a room within a few hundred feet.

11. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I never received my email confirmation so I will be checking to make sure I have rooms at the resort.

12. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

I never received my email confirmation either. I called them and they said they would resend it, but they never did. I've been nervous for 2+ months. I've got my fingers crossed that I don't get screwed.

13. seskis281

seskis281 Level 0 Character

I called Sunday and found they had misspelled my name on reservation and email was slightly wrong too.... double checked the reservation, he said he'd resend it but the system seemed to be giving him problems so he gave me my confirmation # and I have that written down.

14. Ligmancer

Ligmancer Level 0 Character

Check your junk mail/spam filter. I hadn't received mine either, I called to confirm and they said they would resend it. After about an hour I hadn't seen anything, I checked my junk mail folder and there it was.

Got my fingers crossed for you too!