Sunday after noon (literally, after 12 p.m.)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sniderman, Jan 24, 2013.

1. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

Hey gang,

This year, I'll be shutting down Gary Con, staying thorough Sunday and leaving Monday morning. A review of the Event catalog reveeals that Sunday is a bit quieter than the other days (as everyone is winding down) and most of the events end around noon. So are there late afternoon/evening events going on during that last day? How is the pick-up game situation? Anyone who has stayed at Gary Con through Sunday is encouraged to chime in with their POV. (I'm trying to determine if I want to try to run a game or two on that last day and how late they should be scheduled.)

2. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

My wife and I are staying through Sunday, as well. It's less stress to drive home on Monday morning then go back to work on Tuesday than try to get home and in bed at a reasonable hour on Sunday unless I just skip the whole day.

I'll have a few games with me available for pick-up gaming, though in all the years I've gone to conventions, I've never actually used them. Probably because I'm so introverted. I don't know how wiped out my wife will be by Sunday, either, so she'll probably spend most of the day in bed (she's disabled and conventions are rough on her).

3. ThrashLibrarian

ThrashLibrarian Level 0 Character

I'm staying through Monday, too. It's my first time attending the Con, but I'll likely be up for a pick-up game.

4. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Is all of the con space still open to GaryCon all day?

5. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

Just found this:

Show Hours
    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - Registration is open from 5pm to 7pm.
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 - Registration begins at 7:30am. Scheduled events begin at 8am.
    Friday, March 15, 2013 - Registration opens at 7:30am.
    Saturday, March 16, 2013 - Registration opens at 7:30am.
    Sunday, March 17, 2013 - Registration opens at 7:30am. The show closes at 6pm. Please note that Gary Con has 24-hour gaming access to the convention center from 7:30am on Thursday to 6pm on Sunday.

So gaming goes until 6 p.m. "officially," though pick-up games throughout the evening would be assumed.

6. Dale

Dale Administrator

Yes, Gary Con runs all the way through.

With the cheaper room rates that were offered last year by the Resort- we saw a dramatic increase in the number of games running solid all the way into Sunday night.

So, come out and play for the entire gathering- and see you in less than two months! :D

7. mark

mark Spellbinder

I'll be running a Medieval Fantasy minis naval battle with 28mm ships and figures Sunday at Noon, scheduled until 4 pm though it could run a bit longer if the participants wish to do so.

8. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

I may just stick around as well Sunday night. I had a blast last year hanging out at Ernie's for his BBQ and then playing an all night Call of Cthulhu session with the fine folks who bring us this convention.

Speaking of that, is anyone up for another Sunday all-nighter. I could run some AD&D, Gangbusters or Top Secret.:)

9. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

That could be downright swell!

10. smokin

smokin Chevalier

I thought it was understood that EVERYONE is staying for Sunday nite.
    It's St. Paddy's . I bet the bar is hoping we do.
    (silence....)
    The....the bar IS open Sunday nite yes?

11. grodog

grodog Troubadour

I'm there through Sunday and leaving on Monday. Last year we were playing some D&D until late into the night :D

12. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

At least two of the FoJ will be remaining through until Monday. After last year's horrible ride home, we made the realization we should have stayed the extra day. With St. Paddy's on Sunday this year? We'll stay in LG.

13. ThrashLibrarian

Due to the luck of the draw (and what was available), my Sunday is completely open. I'm definitely up for some pick-up games.

14. smokin

smokin Chevalier

My friend and myself will be staying thru till monday morn also.
    We would like to see some Palace of the Vampire Queen. Didnt see any of that on the event list. Anyone wanna DM a few rooms of that somehow?

15. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

I've never stayed longer than midafternoon before.

I won't be staying overnight, but I may pack some boardgames for around 4ish, after my last scheduled event.

Frank usually runs pickup games on Sunday, too, I think.

I had to skip Sunday last year, though. Anyone play the Wiz-War tourney? I was bummed about missing that one.

16. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Hmm. I'm not very familiar with how well the scenario runs, Jim. Will take a look....

17. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Hey guys, if you were one of the people signed up for my two AD&D events I had to cancel for Thursday, I'm willing to run them as pick-up games on Sunday provided there is interest. If you had a ticket for the Thursday event, you'll have a guaranteed seat on Sunday for the same adventure. ;)

18. ThrashLibrarian

I'm in for the Five Deadly Masters game. My whole Sunday is open. (I was registered under Michael Bolam).

19. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

If you're waiting until 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, I'd really like to play in the Five Deadly Masters game. (Any earlier and I'll still be running a Star Frontiers game.)