Geneva Ridge Restaurant Menu Wish List

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mark, Jan 27, 2013.

1. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Yeah, that would be good. A doughnut is great WITH breakfast, but not as breakfast. That causes major sugar crash a few hours after breakfast, so you get a bunch of lethargic GMs and Players about halfway to lunch.

2. bbarsh

bbarsh Level 0 Character

A good mix is probably preferrable. I am of the same school of though that I want to park my car for the weekend. I don't mind some deep fried goodness at lunch but then a good salad at dinner...more room for a few evening cocktails!
    A nice breakfast is a huge plus.

3. Liverpuncher

Liverpuncher Level 0 Character

I agree -- especially the part about cocktails!

4. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

I'm trying to eat healthier as well and my fiancé is vegan by choice tho she will eat white meat and fish.

5. CKDad

CKDad Level 0 Character

I'm not sure if we're a majority or not. Can't speak for the vegan/vegetarian crowd, but for we omnivores struggling with weight and it's associated health issues, it would certainly be helpful and appreciated to have some options. Especially those from out-of-town who might not have transport.

I don't recall - does the Lodge restrict outside food being brought in? I know many conference hotels do as the food they provide is often a big part of their profit margin.

6. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Last year you could bring in food as long as you ate it in your room. I would assume same rules apply this year.

7. dlawson74

dlawson74 Level 0 Character

That is the crux of why I would like some more options. I normally have no problem paying con prices for food as that is part and parcel with going to a convention. But if I need an alternative to what is normally served, I have to look outside of the convention to get it. And frankly, if I am going to go to Wal-Mart to buy a half-quart of tuna salad for Friday, I'm going to shop for other things to eat the rest of the weekend as well. Which ends up being money not going to the hotel.

Overall, I don't think anyone is asking to do away with the burgers and pizzas. But I don't think it would hurt to let the hotel know that there is some interest in other options.

8. mark

mark Spellbinder

[Channel Papa G] Heaven forfend! [/Papa G channeling] ;)

9. robertiv

robertiv Level 0 Character

Are there any other restaurant/grocery options within walking distance of the hotel? I'll be flying in to Chicago & getting a ride to LG, so won't have a car at all during the con.

10. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Mmm. Could be something I don't know about, but I don't recall anything in walking distance. It's far enough out of downtown that I don't think you'll want to do that.

11. francisca

francisca Troubadour

I'm bringing at least 2 of my boys with me (13 and 10), who eat like horses (you wouldn't believe such trim kids could eat that much). So unless the costs go way down, I won't be eating at the hotel restaurant. Rather, I'm going to hit the Wal-Mart in LG or possibly run over to Delevan and load the cooler up with lunchmeat, cheese, a bottle of mustard, and get a couple loaves of bread, hoping a couple pounds of ham and turkey lasts until sunday. :lol:

12. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Not in a walking distance I'd recommend, if you want to get to games on time. Just ask one of us with a vehicle to get a ride somewhere, we'd be more than willing. Lots of places to shop -- plus there's the great exodus to Bruno's for cases of Spotted Cow.

13. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

The Lodge has typically offered a free shuttle to/from town (tips encouraged). Lots of others will have cars though, so you may be able to catch a ride with someone else.

14. mark

mark Spellbinder

A loaf of bread and jars of PB and Jelly are a no-brainer for any convention goer's room (bring a decent butter knife and some paper plates!). And hard-boiling a dozen eggs for the mini-fridge is also a must, IMO, if the restaurant isn't doing egg and toast breakfasts to order this year. Don't know if they will still have it, but they had a toaster in the "cafe" area in previous years.

15. robertiv

robertiv Level 0 Character

Yup, some type of PB&J equivalent will be a must. For breakfast - I'm actually booked at the French Country Inn after the LGR filled up, they informed me there's a "breakfast buffet" there. From past experience that term can mean a lot of things to different hotels :) Anyone have firsthand knowledge?