GPs & SPs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bighara, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Liverpuncher

Liverpuncher Level 0 Character

I can understand why you are frustrated. I'm pre-registered and bought a higher level offered gps -- but I was not able to use a single one.

With that said, don't forget that the folks running the con are doing so as volunteers, and doing the best job they can. There's open gaming 24/7 during the con - so you can probably find many options when you arrive. So, go easy on them, and come with a good attitude, and you'll have a great time.

Cheers,
    LP

2. Sylverlocke

Sylverlocke Level 0 Character

I just don't see what the problem is with buying event tickets ala GenCon. Free market systems are doing well all over the globe!

So I did come up with my personal solution, I bought a second bronze badge (hence my slightly different account handle). So very silly but I suppose one has to play within the system.

3. dramaman

dramaman Level 0 Character

Wish I had thought of that. 2 bronze badges cost the same as a silver badge, but you get an extra 5 SP than what the silver badge provides.

4. Donal

Donal Administrator

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is, unfortunately, a 1 badge limit per attendee.

5. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

There is also some carry over from year to year, yes? I'm almost always in abundance of coinage, or whatever we used to use, mostly because so many of the game I want to play in either coincide with other games I want to play, or with games I'm running. I'm not going to quibble, there are sooooo many pickup games going on it really doesn't matter. And if I could trade them to you for more Spotted Cow, I would. It's a fun time, make your suggestions if you don't like the system and maybe there will be an improvement in the future in your eyes.

6. dramaman

dramaman Level 0 Character

Easy solution. Show up to the registration area twice, getting a different badge each time. Rules like these are not only easy to circumvent, but make no sense in the first place. Nobody is being harmed by somebody having two badges and the fact that somebody felt the need to get two reflects a flaw in the logic of how the current system works. The real solution would be to implement a way to purchase additional SP for an existing badge.

7. Chuck

Chuck Level 0 Character

The only problem you might have with the ability to purchase more SP/GP is that the system right now is set up to limit the amount of events any one person can register for. This limit allows for more attendees to register for games even though each person can only sign up for a few.

8. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

It's especially bad for those of us with cursed lives who just can't seem to get things together in time. My gp will go to waste unless some solution is offered. And I bought a platinum badge! The only event left is one spot with Tim Kask but it conflicts with a game I'm running.

9. robertiv

robertiv Level 0 Character

Not to keep harping on this, but can the event organizers pop in and explain whether one can purchase more SP? Sent an email to you guys last week and haven't gotten any reply. If purchasing additional ones isn't possible, can they be transferred? I have a friend with extra SP who's offered.

Basically I'd thought GP were convertable to SP as AFAIK this wasn't explained anywhere, and so ran out (Early Bird pack) for Sunday. There are still a few game slots open that day, would be nice (for both participants & folks running said games) to be able to 'officially' register for them and not be limited by this SP mechanic.

10. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier