Vendor Hall Hours & Shuttle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bighara, Feb 11, 2013.

1. bighara

bighara Chevalier

I've had different people tell me different things, and I don't see it on the main page. What are the official vendor hall hours? Also, the site says there MAY be an airport shuttle. Will there or not and what kind of schedule or request method is there? I need to decide about car rental, etc.

Thanks! :)

2. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I just PM'ed Luke about the shuttle. (I agree that "May be" is not an answer.) I 'am expecting an answer here, on the forums, sometime VERY soon.

3. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

The eEvent Catalogue will be out soon with vendor hours. They are the same as last year. Friday- Sunday 9 AM to 5PM.

I don't believe there is a shuttle this year. The cost was going to be significantly higher as memory serves. I'll follow up if that is incorrect.

Thanks,

Luke

4. dramaman

dramaman Level 0 Character

Will the Vendor Hall be open the entire time from 9 to 5? I only ask because when I was at GC two years ago, the vendor hall doors shut for extended periods during the middle of the day, frustratingly often when I wanted to browse.

5. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

As far as I can recall, the only time the vendor hall was closed previously was during the charity auction. Though I may be mistaken, I don't remember it otherwise closing at seemingly random times, such as when a vendor needed to go the restroom or something, as that would obviously put out the other vendors.

I do believe there was a time - maybe the couple of years ago which you described - when there was a delay in opening the vendor hall. Either that, or the time slated for it to open was simply later than the actual start of the con. I seem to remember (maybe) strolling down a couple of times kind of "earlier on" and it not being open yet...perhaps that was it?

6. dramaman

dramaman Level 0 Character

It was two years ago. Maybe it was just an aberration, but I recall it was on Saturday possibly late morning or early afternoon I headed there when I had some free time only to find the doors to the vendor room locked shut. I assumed maybe it wasn't open while the gaming sessions were going on.