Wednesday gaming?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smokin, Feb 15, 2013.

1. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Ill be getting in and settled by 5pm Wednesday. Anything available on site?, official or otherwise. Offsite?

2. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Mama & I are meeting up with Mark CMG that afternoon, at the lodge, for some boardgaming. (In the lobby like last year.) Going to go grab a bite around 5:00-5:30pm, then probably come back to the lodge for some more gaming. You're more than welcome to join in.

3. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Thanks Keeper,
    that was exactly the kind of response i was looking for. See you then.

4. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

My fellow FoJ member Clifford and I will be there by then, as well. We'll keep an eye out for you guys.

5. silas

silas Chevalier

I am thinking about running a late nigh Ghostories RPG game on Wednesday if anyone is interested. I would probably grab a table in the corner of the bar and start it around 8pm or so.

PM me if interested, or email me [email protected]

6. silas

silas Chevalier

7. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

O-Kee-Doh-Kee.

8. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

.....and we'll leave a couple chairs open for you.

9. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

........I should also explain, for those not catching the conversation on Facebook, the dining plans for Wednesday eveing for our little (?) group is to head out from the Lodge after registering & driving down to the Pizza Ranch in Elkhorn. (About a 10 minute drive, very senic.) Between 5:00pm-8:00pm they (Pizza Ranch) have an all-you-can-eat buffet. Deep fried chicken, with all the trimmings, 8 different styles of pizza, salad bar, soda bar & desert. All for $10.00 per person. THAT'S CHEAP!! and the food's pretty damn tasty. So, if anyone else would like to join in let us know before we leave the lodge & we can "Gary-Con-Voy" it to the Pizza Ranch. (Pizza Ranch seats around 150+ hungry eaters.)
    We will be passing right by the local Piggly Wiggly (grocery & liquor store) for those that may like to "load up" for the weekend before heading back to the lodge. (Road trip.)

10. smokin

smokin Chevalier

The pizza parlor, if its the same one from GC3 thursday nite gathering, does have very good food and is a nice place to meet and greet. It cuts into game time (unofficial, as it were) a bit. Would it not be better to find a place that will let us set up DM screens & dice and call the pies in?
    I didnt see any gaming there, but it was still a nice little party.

11. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Different place, different town. The one you're thinking of was "The Next Door Pub" in Lake Geneva & yes, it has the best pizza around. The Pizza Ranch is located in the town where Mama & I live. (Support your local business, I always say.)
    This location does have a seperate dining area, which would work out great for gaming, but I still need to stop by & discuss this possibility with the store manager. See if we can get the room for a 'song & dance' for 'X' amount of hours.

12. bighara

bighara Chevalier

I'll be flying in Wed afternoon and rentacar-ing in to LG probably around 6-7 PM. I'll probably miss the Elkhorn run, but would likely be up for something at the Lodge once I've grabbed a bite.

13. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

HOLD THE PHONE!!!
    Looks like there's something officially planned for Wednesday night. Ladies % gentlemen, this may drastically change our plans.

Wednesday Pre-Con Gathering
    by Donal ยป Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:06 am

We are having the pre-Gary Con gathering on Wednesday night from 5pm-9pm. Rumor is that some free food, beer and soda will be provided. This year, we have a Fantasy Improv Group performing as well (at 8pm).

Please note that this Gathering will be in a part of the Lodge that is new to Gary Con this year, the Chalet! This ballroom is located away from the main building, on the lake, but is an excellent facility and we hope to be able to incorporate it more completely into our schedule to allow for additional growth. Free shuttle service is provided from the lobby (it's a 2 minute drive) and plenty of parking is available. More information to follow soon!

Title: IRPMUS LIVE! - Fantasy (D&D)
    GM: Notting Hill Games
    Game System: Entertainment/Improv
    Day/Time: Wed, 2000-2130
    Day/Time: Fri, 2000-2130
    Description for both: In the hilarious improv show, you'll help create the characters that will embark on the adventure of a lifetime to retrieve the famed Gem of Misfortune! This is a dynamic, highly interactive old-school D&D themed improv show you have to see! Bring your favorite monster and trap suggestions from any fantasy game. If you love stories of high adventure and epic failure, you must see us play them out before you in IRPMUS LIVE! - FANTASY!

14. dlawson74

dlawson74 Level 0 Character

I'll heading to the bar Wednesday night to drink booze and run pickup games of Give Me The Brain for as long as people want to play. Typical game runs about 15-20 minutes in case people have places to go.

15. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Alright, seeing as there will be a Pre-con gathering at the lodge our plans for a food run to Pizza Ranch have changed. We have reset our visit to the Pizza Ranch for Thursday at 6:00pm. Anyone still interested in following along can contact myself or Mark CMG (here, or at Garycon) to make sure we're all on the same page that day.

16. mark

mark Spellbinder

Sounds good, Wayne! Also, those using Facebook can jump into threads in the Gary Con FB group to let us know. :)

I've got a game until 6 pm Thursday and another at 8 pm Thursday, so my window is a couple of hours. Anyone else who fits in that window should let me know and be ready to go if they'd like to ride along on that schedule. :)

17. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Man, I haven't played that in about ten years. I'll keep an eye out.

18. caalas

caalas Level 0 Character

I'll be bringing up the board games Wednesday morning or early afternoon. I'll be glad to get things going if anyone's interested in rolling some dice and drinking some Spotted Cow. Or better yet, Dude vodka and Mt Dew.

19. tellion

tellion Footpad

hmmm... Spotted Cow...