Cancelled Events

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by francisca, Mar 1, 2013.

1. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Unfortunately, my sons and I will not be able to attend GaryCon. This means that the following two events will be canceled:

112505 Trouble in Vikland
    310498 For Kids, by Kids: Old School D&D

Sorry for the short notice, but the circumstances are beyond my control.

2. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Note that this will free up a room at the lodge, and open up spots in several events. I'll post a list soon.

3. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Wait...what?

4. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I will be placing my francisca in an honored location for the duration of the con. There is NOT much rejoicing.

5. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

Well, crud.

6. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Not to be too crass about things...

But how long until this is processed through the system? That is, the Kids Game is worth 3SP for each of my kids I'd like to reallocate. In addition, I know one of the games Rich was going to be in I would possibly be interested in getting my kids into.

So I'm the first vulture...

Dibs!

7. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Don't think it will help any, since event registration closed Sunday.

8. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Rich and his boys were registered the following events of mine:

- Aliens: The Reactor (3 slots): event # 210201 on Friday @ 10:00am for 2 hours
    - grodog's Castle Greyhawk (3 slots): event # 320603 on Saturday @ 8:00pm for 6 hours

I was looking forward to DMing them as a family unit---would have been fun :( Next time, Rich!

9. mark

mark Spellbinder

That's too bad, Rich. I hope all is well enough or will be soon, and also hope to see you next year. :(

10. welleran

welleran Footpad

Bummer

11. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

How about me and my kids as a weak substitute?

12. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Depending on the ages for your kids, Jim, that could be OK---the adventure is a high-level one (10-14th). I also don't know the process for how to get tickets on site for events, so that's likely as much a factor as me making room, per se.

13. tron

tron Level 0 Character

This is really unfortunate and I hope all is well with Rich and his family. My son was planning to play in the For Kids by Kids D&D Game. I know he will be disappointed and I'm sure the other kids will be as well.

Rather than disappoint them, I would be willing to run a Basic D&D session for the kids. It won't be the same scenario, but I think they'll have fun anyway. I would propose keeping the registration and everything the same (310498 For Kids, by Kids: Old School D&D), I would just show up with my son and run a game for those registered. Pregens would be provided.

Any interest from those registered and GaryCon management?

14. mark

mark Spellbinder

Could your son run the game (perhaps with you as co-pilot)?

15. tron

tron Level 0 Character

Unfortunately he is too young to run the game, but is okay to play (he played last year).

I suppose we could rename the session "Old School D&D for Kids". :)

16. Ligmancer

Ligmancer Level 0 Character

Thanks for offering to fill the gap Tron! This was one of the only times that my son and I were going to play in different games, because this was specifically for kids. I told him yesterday that his event was cancelled and he was pretty bummed out; he would love to play in your substitute event if you were to move forward. Just keep us in the loop.

Thanks again, and love the username by the way. One of my favorites. :D

17. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Allan - I had my eye on the Aliens game...as do my kids

I'd offer to have my son (12) run it but he'd meed a crash course and a wingman and I'm scheduled for another game at that time...

man this is a wrench....

18. tron

tron Level 0 Character

Yes indeed I plan to move foward on this.

Either I could run the game for the kids for if Jim's son has had some experience, he could run and I would assist (I was planning to be at the table with my son).

I was hoping GaryCon staff would comment on the situation. I don't want to move foward without their support on this. Think I'l send a pm.

19. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

This, in a word, sucks.
    No Axeman to have my back in LG? After all these years there together? Won't be the same, bro'.

20. tron

tron Level 0 Character

Sounds like we have the go ahead to proceed from Con Staff.

I"m planning to run "The Haunted Keep", the Red Box memorial module for Gary. Seemed appropriate...

Anyway I"ll start working on pregens and such.